Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($0.85) Q:club: 4:club: 6:spade:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.80, Hero raises to $2, UTG calls $1.20

TURN ($4.85) Q:club: 4:club: 6:spade: 8:spade:

Hero bets $3, UTG raises to $11.95 (AI), Hero calls $4.60

V:45/17/cbet89/f3bet 0/258hands

Firstly, prefop
      usually I 3bet in spots like this but I decide to flat it and see a flop.
      My opponet is aggro fish, but not to spewy.

I hit my pair and was not sure where am i with this hand and what line would be the best.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

The obvious answer is that you should have 3bet him preflop, he's perfectly capable of calling your 3bet with way worse and he will usually 4bet KK+ without 4bet bluffing almost ever, which helps you 1/ fold when you're toast 2/ be more confident in your top pair hands the times where he does just call your 3bet.

As played I think it's okay, if he really is an aggro fish I'd probably give him another shot at potting the turn by just calling the flop, but if he's the type to start checking back random stuff when he has a draw (which there are a lot of on that board) and might go broke with worse top pairs on the flop, it's probably better to raise the flop and felt it to prevent that.

With a decent read on villain you might be able to just call the flop and wait for him to act on the turn, once certain players with these stats pot it twice they're usually not kidding, so it's possible to get away at that point sometimes.

Hope it helps.