[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH PP with OESD

• mordath
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7:diamond: , 7:spade:
      Hero raises to $0,07, CO folds, BU calls $0,07, SB folds, BB calls $0,05.

Flop: ($0,22) 8:spade: , 5:heart: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $0,02, Hero raises to $0,20, BU calls $0,20, BB folds.

Turn: ($0,64) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,64, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,64

Betsize on flop? should I bet small on the turn? as played?
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja

I like raising flop, because he may have worse hand here and we can't really let them get free card cheaply. When BU calls I tend to put him on some kind of draw/draw+overs or something like that. I doubt someone is going to slowplay (unless he has no clue about anything) his sets/two pair on this flop.

If you think BU is not going to bet too often if you check to him - it is fine to c/f, because you don't beat much and I think you can't really 2nd barrel profitable here against his range. You may throw a bet here and fold to a raise if there is change he is going to just blindly trying to push you off your hand, but I doubt that is going to happen too often. But it depends on player ofc, as always.

Good luck!
    • MaestroOfZerg

Fine by me, sometimes you're able to make him fold some 8x/99 stuff on the turn but he might not even be able to fold that, so really we'd have to bluff the river as well to take out those hands. Since he could very well have flushes in his range and trap us by just calling the turn, this is a pretty risky move unless you know he'd raise a flush on the turn. I like check/folding better at microstakes clearly.

Hope it helps.