Theorical hand, don't know where to post this.

• Mystrapoker
      I've been reading a book and I don't know what to make of this advice.
      I know my postflop play is a bit deficient, so I decided to read a book that basically speak about only that for like 200 pages and that doesnt contain the usual 'tell' crap, because on the internet reading opponents is different.)

Hole cards:
      A:heart: ,9:heart:

Q:heart: ,9:spade: ,2:heart:

I would probably fold to someone who bet big. Because he would be ruining my pot odds to get a flush. And besides I only have second-pair top kicker. But surprise, the book is telling me to raise/re-raise. Because I have 14 outs, and they say that In low limit I have a strong hand. (14 outs: 9 hearts, 2 nines, 3 aces).

They justifty it by saying that I have a lot of pot equity, even if I do not currently have the best hand.

What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      The same :D

You have a strong draw, lots of outs plus fold equity if you raise which means a raise has a positive expected value.

What do you think? Seems like you have second thoughts ;)

Good luck at the tables!
    • Laurenz1988
      All in any day of the week, this is even a strong draw. I even push pure flushdraws.
    • rubysilesia
      Definitely a raise. Your aim with this hand is to make them fold or get a freecard on the turn. If bettor has medium hand u're getting some fold equity plus your outs, this two combined makes this hand strong. If he got something bigger u got great implied odds when u hit nut flush draw.