[NL2-NL10] AQo 3bet pot, deep stacks

• NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Bronze
      I raised him coz saw before how he can call till sd with A3o on A-high.
      But what's really interesting, what should i do if opp strong player? Showing with TPTK even in 3bet pot while effective stack 200 bb seems not a good idea to me, folding is too weak and calling puts us in hard situation on river if he shove.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.09)
      BB ($10.42)
      UTG ($20.02) 38/31/2.2/42 per 165 hands
      Hero ($34.91)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.50, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.15

FLOP ($3.15) 6:heart: 2:diamond: 4:club:

UTG checks, Hero checks

TURN ($3.15) 6:heart: 2:diamond: 4:club: Q:heart:

UTG bets $2, Hero raises to $5, UTG folds

Hero shows A:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero wins $6.80
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm fine with the flop check back if he's a strong player, otherwise I'd just c-bet anyway to show him he should expect me to follow through with my 3bets and because I expect him to show up with trash hands that he could bluff us out of the hand with later on, but I don't expect him to bluff raise if I bet first, so I'd rather collect the dead money in that spot then start guessing on a board that could easily become bad for AQ to call down on.

The turn is fine if he's bad, if he's strong tho you should usually raise bigger if you do choose to raise, to offset implied odds with redraws, and be prepared to fold to a shove unless you know he's spewy enough to shove redraws or 44 type stuff on you. By default I usually just call to keep representing a weak range and expect a strong player to try betting again on quite a bunch of rivers.

Hope it helps.