This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Lossing at NL100 SH SSS

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Use my stats against me if you wish but I need help.

Looks like NL100 is owning me.

Got told to look at Standard deviation but I'm not to sure what it means?

EDIT: $23 SD/100

(Copied from blog) Thought it could use more help in here.
  • 22 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      u can use this tool to help u evaluate your variance
      http://www.evplusplus.com/poker_tools/variance_simulator/
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      How do I differ my graph to how I'm running with bb graph vs $ graph?

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      So I guess moral of my story is 12 tbl like a mofo and put volume in?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Also my redline is disgusting. I don't want to hear a "Don't worry about your redline" because I'm 99% sure this is why I'm losing so much.

• tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I can't help you with your short stacking game but here is a variance simulator from your stats as someone else suggested, in case anyone else wants to see.

Originally posted by justkyle88
      So I guess moral of my story is 12 tbl like a mofo and put volume in?
      That's the worst idea :s_biggrin: . Your red line will get worse, your winrate will decrease, and you will be playing auto pilot mode.

Originally posted by justkyle88
      Also my redline is disgusting. I don't want to hear a "Don't worry about your redline" because I'm 99% sure this is why I'm losing so much.

[img][/img]
      Do some Maths! Work out what your non-sd winrate, compare it to other short stackers, etc. It does look very steep but you really need to see it in big blinds rather than $ because the red line changes depending on the limit you are playing
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Your main problem is that you don't buy in full.

Nah but srsly, aren't good shortstackers supposed to win at nsd?
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

You seem looser on NL100 than on NL50. But what's that with the gap between VPIP and PFR? (17/13) Do you:
      - Complete the SB with some limpers?
      - Overlimp in CO/BTN?

If so, can you give examples? Because often you can push and take the dead money instead ;) Great for NSD and save you from horrible post flop spots.

Dont know about NSD lines though. Mine looks the same but I am just over b/e and not a good shortstacker :f_biggrin:

I think you ATS (23) is low. Even for FR it would be low. Even 30-40 is far from extreme. Against some you can steal ATC.

Your fold to 3bet seems way too high (80). Basicly ATC is okey to 3bet you :f_o: do some calculations with Xarry2's Excel plus the equilator and you'll see.
      So either you open too wide or you fold too much.

T.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      @Toby, how do I find my non-showdown rate in pt3?

@Mass-spammer, I always thought SSS was bad non-sd tbh.

@t, can u link me to xarrys thing. I've never seen it before.
      Also I thought I was pretty aggro with ats and 3bets. I always feel my sd gets worse when I get a little crazy an adventurous.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Here it is:
      http://www.file-upload.net/download-1611537/SSS-Chart-Collection-reworked-by-xarry2.xls.html

Well I think you 3bet enough (8%), but you fold too much to 3bets (80%) ;) I will have a look at mine, but I think its somewhere between 40-60.

Yes don't get too funky and get to SD too much though.
      Dont steal wide from fish or aggro re-stealers. But there are tons who dont fight back :)

Are you onlne tonight/morning :P I still have to sweat you ;)

T.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      hey here's an idea!

Learn to play bigstacked and we'll talk
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      hey here's an idea!

Learn to play bigstacked and we'll talk
      Please abide by this rule. This sub-board is the only one that makes absolute seriousness necessary. If you make jokes here, you taunt anyone who comes here with real problems. So no Jokes, Spam & Mockery will be tolerated here!

FYI
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      Hi,

Here it is:
      http://www.file-upload.net/download-1611537/SSS-Chart-Collection-reworked-by-xarry2.xls.html

Well I think you 3bet enough (8%), but you fold too much to 3bets (80%) ;) I will have a look at mine, but I think its somewhere between 40-60.

Yes don't get too funky and get to SD too much though.
      Dont steal wide from fish or aggro re-stealers. But there are tons who dont fight back :)

Are you onlne tonight/morning :P I still have to sweat you ;)

T.
      in how many hours are you free?
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      im sorry i thought it was his blog :f_biggrin:
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Didnt see you last night :evil:
      My fold to 3bet is 60%. Which I think is still too high. Main reason is steal/re-steal situations where I still fold too much :f_frown:

Question: where did you get your opening ranges/calling ranges from? (Some sort of SH SHC).
      I (SH noob) think (from your stats) those are not optimal...

T.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      @ Ribbo, thanks for your concern but I didn't take offence to what Ihufa said.

@Ihufa, F U, but sure I'm happy to do BSS talks with you anytime mate.

@T, <<< I'm to lazy to write your full name or to Copy& paste. hehe

But seriously, I don't use a SHC. It seems I open a bit to wide cause GERV was saying I should open 22 and ATo from UTG but obvsly depends on table image too.
      And yeah I wasnt on. I went out Wednesday night clubbing and works been pretty busy.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Lol,

"I'm to lazy to write your full name or to Copy& paste. hehe" is shorter than "Tampaloeres81" ?( :f_biggrin:

22+, ATo+ seems ok but seriously dependant of the table. with fish behind you will need to tighten up and maybe even raise a bit bigger pre ;)

And do you have a plan when you get 3bet? If you open 22+, ATo and only continue JJ, AKo then thats a big mistake IMO.

Play around with the Equilator thinking about with which range you get 3bet with. try to think how people adapt to YOU ;)
      If they put you on a 12% opening range and see you folding 60% for instance.

T.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Thanks mate, will do.
      Haven't been playing much over the last few days. no motivation, just lots of work and drinking.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      OK, so i'm having a sesh now and I still can't make my Fto3-bet any better. I'm even 4 tabling for the moment ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Not to mention I'm running into every set up possible.