[NL20-NL50] AJo in pos HUNL50 vs unknown

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      villain has only played 5k hands at this stake. we are only 5 hands into the session, and am pretty readless< neverp layed him before>.

I figure its common for many aggressive players at this stake to 3bet early to determine how tight my calling range is an get some quick info.

flop texture is pretty brute force-ish. I expect him to cbet here trying to rep something even though it is clear he cannot rep much more than a queen very often. looking back Im not sure what I was trying to achieve with the 3bet. I figure my fold equity would be reasonably high though. am I correct in believing this? I'm pretty sure lower pairs would fold to this for sure.

7 outs to draw on, ace high for showdown value, and the potential that villain will fold, I figured it would be reasonable. I dont expect many Tens to be in his 3bet range, esp when we are just beginning and readless.

turn check seems quite weak. I wasnt sure if he was fishing for a delayed cbet or not, but figured it would be less spewy to just check the hand down.

river gives me top two pair. only thing I have to worry about now is made draws or a bigger top two.

im pretty inexperienced at HUNL. is this standard? all info greatly appreciated.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      ($51.10)
      Hero ($50.25)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:heart:

Hero raises to $1.50, raises to $4.50, Hero calls $3

FLOP ($9) Q:club: T:diamond: T:spade:

bets $5.50, Hero raises to $15, calls $9.50

TURN ($39) Q:club: T:diamond: T:spade: A:spade:

checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($39) Q:club: T:diamond: T:spade: A:spade: 9:heart:

bets $31.60 (AI), Hero calls $30.75 (AI)

shows A:heart: Q:heart:
      (Pre 75%, Flop 82.9%, Turn 88.6%)

Hero shows A:diamond: J:heart:
      (Pre 25%, Flop 17.1%, Turn 11.4%)

wins $100
  • 3 replies
    • molywop
      molywop
      Bronze
      im no expert on HU, but ive been playing a little recently, and i'd like to see how my thoughts are seen by more experienced players....

once the villain 3bets preflop, you've got to assume (since he's unknown) that its a fairly tight range.

his flat call to your reraise on the flop would make me think he's hit, or has a similar draw.

on the turn he may have been planning on c/r or c/c, either way... you didnt really receive any further info.

on the river i'm wondering what we beat? a bluff, in this situation im not inclined to think he's bluffing, the only hand i can think of that we are beating is KQ... or maybe KK.

thoughts on that?
    • NoEmoti0n
      NoEmoti0n
      Silver
      dont post pocket cars. U should erase sd after copying hand
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      pf is fine, you can also 4-bet and call shove, but call is likely better unless you have some kind of history
      If you´re not planning raise/calling then I think float is better. You have showdown value, if you are behind then enough outs and you can call flop, call turn, fold river or call flop, shove turn if you don´t improve which seems better than raising flop.
      as played: check back turn is fine and I guess you have to call river shove