Need tips, suggestions

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,
      Any suggestions about multitabling?

My game is 6max sit n gos. Although my sample size is small (just short of 200 games) I'm pretty confident that I'm beating this level ( $2.25) because my ROI is consistently above 30% and I do study/review etc. so it is obvious why I want to play more tables (while maintaining this success level).

I tried multitabling sometimes but I'm finding it somewhat too challenging. Just now I played only 2 tables (1 9handed sitngo and 1 6handed) and my focus just wasn't the same. I didn't do too bad cos despite 4 or 5 bad beats and some known mistakes I broke even :P but I'm kinda pissed that my performance wasn't as good.

Any tips please?

Thanks,
      Matt
  • 3 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      A lot of it is just about practice and self confidence. Maybe the problem is that you are easily distracted. Do you check email, read forums between hands?

All I can say is that things will get better the more time you spend applying yourself. Don't use short term results as a guide to a long term action plan :)
      You need results from several thousand SnG's before you can start to draw conclusions about your results multitabling
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      When I play poker I close all applications except (sometimes) for a media player for some music. I also make sure that I'm feeling good about playing - no negative feelings, no result-oriented thoughts.

Should I just keep going playing 2 tables until I'm comfortable and ready for the 3rd? Or maybe play 2 tables only after a number of 1-table sessions to get used to it slowly?

Not really sure how to tackle this.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      yea when you are playing this few tables, definitely only add 1 or 2 at a time. Don't add 1 every day though. Spend 1week+ getting used to 2 tabling and then add a third, repeat, then a fourth. For me maximum profit per hour comes at about 6-8 tables but that varies per person. Obviously your play degrades when you play more tables.

Plus you are learning. It is worth it to put good thought into every decision until it becomes easy.

From reading your posts so far I would probably suggest to you to play about 4 tables and stay at that number for a while. When multitabling make sure you are playing the same type of SNG and it is nice to have them starting at the same time too. That way all four tables will get to the late stages at the same time.

Try to pick generic themes for all of your tables. I am assuming you are on full tilt, pick a "racetrack" theme for your tables and remove the avatars so that all you see are chips, stacks, names and numbers.

Hope I was at least a little helpful