This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

party Poker low stakes profitable?

• farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      Hi, I recently moved to party poker. Here I play 3$ SNGs (which actually means 2,4+0,6) with 25% rake. as the earned party points are paid as bonus(and therefore cant be used with another bonus?) the whole VIP system on silver status equals 13,6% rakeback, and I pay effectively 17% for rake. So I wonder whether it is even possible to beath this level?
  • 13 replies
    • dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      Yeah i played there and it was unprofitable for me so i moved to everest poker for Sngs..i dont know seams to me that they have pretty big rake on microlimit cash also..
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      its profitable but even at micros ony 15% win longterm
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      not profitable, it's better to move up and take the risk than spend days grinding your roll down to 0$ on 25% rake sngs
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      If you can, either takes some agressive BRM and move up a limit or two....

OR

Deposit so you can pla at a higher limit with proper BRM....

OR

Get frustrated at the 3 dollar limit till you blow your computer up....
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      sngs? ohya dontplay party sng's there a total rip off
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      well, I've played 400 games now, no winnings, no losses. So I guess I'll just continue until I get the snowball promotion and then move... the next level, 6$ still has 20% rake (5+1$), so maybe not worth playing, either^^ I was thinking about moving up to 6$ and playing DONs due to the lower variance(to protect my 25Buy-in BR), but with 20% I figure its even harder to beat....

edit: well it seems as if the DONs actually ARE profitable, I'm playing one right now and I don't think we'll get to the push or fold phase^^
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      farb, with bonuses and promotions you may get more then ~11% rakeback.

only the loyalty program gives you 11% and promos and bonuses give more after that.

keep grinding

edit:

13.33% bonus back as per

http://www.partypoker.com/rewards/

that's when you buy the shop bonuses, promos bring extra rakeback and so do regular bonuses
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      im not that knowledgable on sng's but partys rake seems to be x2 stars and that would probly explain why no one players there mtt or sngs ;o id suggest switch to cash or change sites
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      cash on party poker micros is also huge i heard
    • p44mc
      p44mc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      cash on party poker micros is also huge i heard
      I've just had a 2nd $50 from poker strategy on party (thanks by the way =) ) and I can confirm that, played 2400 hands at NL4 and up $44.60 - Not a geat sample size i know but the games are so soft!!
    • Shalev12
      Shalev12
      Bronze
      i've played ~1300 hands on NL4 on party poker and i'm up 38$.
      Players seems to be so unexperienced my hands won percentage is 33% so i think it's an easy grind.
    • Bondy5
      Bondy5
      Bronze
      What sort of strategy are you guys using on NL4?

38 & 44$ is pretty good profit for the amount of hands you have played
    • IonutPredica
      IonutPredica
      Bronze
      Well ,I remember when I first began playing at party poker thay had that "Welcome lounge tables"... And from what I read is for players who have just opened their acount . So it's kinda like playing beginners' tables. The thing is that they really were beginners. The games were soo soft. Too bad you can only play 15 days there. I think you could make a fortune there otherwise playing only micro's.