party Poker low stakes profitable?

• farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      Hi, I recently moved to party poker. Here I play 3$ SNGs (which actually means 2,4+0,6) with 25% rake. as the earned party points are paid as bonus(and therefore cant be used with another bonus?) the whole VIP system on silver status equals 13,6% rakeback, and I pay effectively 17% for rake. So I wonder whether it is even possible to beath this level?
  • 13 replies
    • dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      Yeah i played there and it was unprofitable for me so i moved to everest poker for Sngs..i dont know seams to me that they have pretty big rake on microlimit cash also..
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      its profitable but even at micros ony 15% win longterm
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      not profitable, it's better to move up and take the risk than spend days grinding your roll down to 0$ on 25% rake sngs
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      If you can, either takes some agressive BRM and move up a limit or two....

OR

Deposit so you can pla at a higher limit with proper BRM....

OR

Get frustrated at the 3 dollar limit till you blow your computer up....
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      sngs? ohya dontplay party sng's there a total rip off
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      well, I've played 400 games now, no winnings, no losses. So I guess I'll just continue until I get the snowball promotion and then move... the next level, 6$ still has 20% rake (5+1$), so maybe not worth playing, either^^ I was thinking about moving up to 6$ and playing DONs due to the lower variance(to protect my 25Buy-in BR), but with 20% I figure its even harder to beat....

edit: well it seems as if the DONs actually ARE profitable, I'm playing one right now and I don't think we'll get to the push or fold phase^^
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      farb, with bonuses and promotions you may get more then ~11% rakeback.

only the loyalty program gives you 11% and promos and bonuses give more after that.

keep grinding

edit:

13.33% bonus back as per

http://www.partypoker.com/rewards/

that's when you buy the shop bonuses, promos bring extra rakeback and so do regular bonuses
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      im not that knowledgable on sng's but partys rake seems to be x2 stars and that would probly explain why no one players there mtt or sngs ;o id suggest switch to cash or change sites
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      cash on party poker micros is also huge i heard
    • p44mc
      p44mc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      cash on party poker micros is also huge i heard
      I've just had a 2nd $50 from poker strategy on party (thanks by the way =) ) and I can confirm that, played 2400 hands at NL4 and up $44.60 - Not a geat sample size i know but the games are so soft!!
    • Shalev12
      Shalev12
      Bronze
      i've played ~1300 hands on NL4 on party poker and i'm up 38$.
      Players seems to be so unexperienced my hands won percentage is 33% so i think it's an easy grind.
    • Bondy5
      Bondy5
      Bronze
      What sort of strategy are you guys using on NL4?

38 & 44$ is pretty good profit for the amount of hands you have played
    • IonutPredica
      IonutPredica
      Bronze
      Well ,I remember when I first began playing at party poker thay had that "Welcome lounge tables"... And from what I read is for players who have just opened their acount . So it's kinda like playing beginners' tables. The thing is that they really were beginners. The games were soo soft. Too bad you can only play 15 days there. I think you could make a fortune there otherwise playing only micro's.