MP: $11.72
      MP+1: $3.18
      Hero (LP): $12.20
      CO: $9.08
      BTN: $23.87
      SB: $2.82

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 9:heart: 9:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.35, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) 3:heart: 5:spade: 7:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.85, 2 players) 9:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.55, UTG raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.25, fold

What is the best way to play this hand for max value?

Villain is a reg-nit with 10/8/1/1/57 (VP/PR/Af/3B/CB)

After his raise I thought his range is QQ+, AK, maybe JJ, considering his stats. After his check on flop my thoughts were the same, cause he can do that to extract value from my TP or same smaller PP (the exactly what I had) so I've decided to check back for cheap showdown. When nine came I was pretty sure I'm ahead now (couldn't see him with straight there), so what is the best option here after his raise on turn, cold call to let him bet river and then raise, or re-raise turn like I did (maybe smaller re-raise is better)?
  • 2 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      10/8 never raises with straight combos imo so you have effective nuts.

I'd probs just 3b to a slightly smaller size, $3.75 or something and let some of his weaker overpairs creep in. He won't fold a set so we just need to look to extract from overpair range.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by letmewinplz8
      10/8 never raises with straight combos imo so you have effective nuts.

I'd probs just 3b to a slightly smaller size, $3.75 or something and let some of his weaker overpairs creep in. He won't fold a set so we just need to look to extract from overpair range.
      This. Usually if he played a strong made hand like that he's not going to fold it anyway so really we could call just as well as we could 3bet if it were not for the fact that the board can possibly run out 4-straight, which could make him not stack off with sets and overpairs anymore.

I would bet the flop myself. It's not like we are going to fold to just one bet anyway so whether we bet ourselves or pay it off we lose the same, and if we are behind we are 2-outing so not being able to see a turn won't be a big deal either, enabling us to fold to a check/raise without tears. So I'd bet there to protect against the vast majority of his range composed of two overcards by default. With reads that he routinely check/raises stuff with initiative, I'd probably check behind as well.

Given that he ended up folding I'd revisit the reg-nit read, looks like he has some spazz in him.

Hope it helps.