BTN: $17.94
      SB: $15.20
      BB: $25.47
      UTG: $16.56
      Hero (UTG+1): $14.53
      MP: $13.97

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has T:heart: T:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, LP calls $0.35, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.85, 2 players) 8:diamond: 2:diamond: 7:diamond:
      Hero checks, LP checks

Turn: ($0.85, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero checks, LP bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($1.45, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, LP bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80

Villain is unknown.

Was this line ok? What is the best way to play this hand?
  • 3 replies
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Bronze
      I would just cbet this flop. Villain has the flush very rarely, and we can still get value from all his one-diamond hands and smaller pairs.
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      I agree with the above. I like to bet/fold kinda smallish (about $0.5) - this being that I can then bet/fold some turns without the pot getting too inflated. If you go to check/call you're gonna get in some really sucky spots.

As played I'd donk turn. Your calldown is ok - but on river it looks very much like Qx valuebet.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by letmewinplz8
      I agree with the above. I like to bet/fold kinda smallish (about $0.5) - this being that I can then bet/fold some turns without the pot getting too inflated. If you go to check/call you're gonna get in some really sucky spots.

As played I'd donk turn. Your calldown is ok - but on river it looks very much like Qx valuebet.
      This. Any bet for that matter, since villain is obviously not well versed in bet sizing theory given his turn bet, which makes him possibly able to bluff for the same price. What bothers me is that if he wanted to bluff at the pot he could have done so on the flop already, maybe he wanted to make sure you checked twice to start bluffing who knows. I'd say he's valuebetting some slowplayed flush or turned two pairs more often than he's bluffing, but given pot odds looking it up is fine.

Hope it helps.