$7.18
      CO:
      $12.19
      BU:
      $15.30
      SB:
      $12.92

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.35, SB raises to $1.00, Hero raises to $10.00, BU raises to $15.30, SB folds.

BU 26/21 100 hands
      BB 14/12 20 hands

how to play the hand? fold, call, 4bet to 2,5 or AI?
  • 2 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Silver
      AI is pretty bad imo.

Uhm well we can assume a BU raise to be very wide - but how is SB's 3b? If it's low I'll fold since get into tricky spots and not doing great vs his range plus have Bu left to act. If it's super high I suppose you could 4b (2.5x) and call it off (but really I don't think many NL10 players can 5b lightish and you'll often see only KK/AA when you take it to felt) 4b/folding sucks - better to be doing that with Ax or smth.

I suppose calling is ok, but you'll price BU in a lot (especially since SB 3b sizing sucks) and so you're going to have to be very confident postflop and you'll get into some pretty shitty spots. Although that being said they are likely to play pretty straight foward multiway 3b pot so it shudnt be too hard to handread (vs SB at least).

But I mean if you don't think they are going to spew with worse postflop then I think folding is fine. Imo the edge will be pretty small and you'll have to be very confident to not make the mistakes that will cost a lot of $.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by letmewinplz8
      AI is pretty bad imo.

Uhm well we can assume a BU raise to be very wide - but how is SB's 3b? If it's low I'll fold since get into tricky spots and not doing great vs his range plus have Bu left to act. If it's super high I suppose you could 4b (2.5x) and call it off (but really I don't think many NL10 players can 5b lightish and you'll often see only KK/AA when you take it to felt) 4b/folding sucks - better to be doing that with Ax or smth.

I suppose calling is ok, but you'll price BU in a lot (especially since SB 3b sizing sucks) and so you're going to have to be very confident postflop and you'll get into some pretty shitty spots. Although that being said they are likely to play pretty straight foward multiway 3b pot so it shudnt be too hard to handread (vs SB at least).

But I mean if you don't think they are going to spew with worse postflop then I think folding is fine. Imo the edge will be pretty small and you'll have to be very confident to not make the mistakes that will cost a lot of $.
      I second that. Just because SB is 14/12 doesn't really help us decide whether he can 3bet/fold there often enough to warrant us 4bet/calling against a 5-betting range that will have us smoked.

We're pretty much never folding against BU, he seems quite laggy and he could view this whole situation as everybody pulling a move and justify jamming AQ/AK stuff in there, which alone makes it profitable for us to felt JJ.

Note that I will fold even after 4betting to $2.5 if BU happens to shove and SB calls it off.

Hope it helps.