This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

5th out of 10279 :)

• MIMIso
      MIMIso
      Bronze
      Just finished 250$ Party Poker freeroll. Fifth place and 7.62$ for me. :)

I played pretty good all the way. One awfull mistake cripled me pretty much, so guess 5th was the maximum.

I had about 1.8m chips, dealer position, first to act, holding KK

With 50/100k blinds, I raise to 300k, both SB and BB call. Flop A 6 4. They both check. I bet 300k again(awfull move), SB pushes all in(about 2m), BB shoves aswell(something like 1.7m). So I had no other option then folding. They both had an ace, which I expected. But I got really pissed when king came on turn. If I just checked, I would probably take down ~6m pot. :f_cry:

After that, pure surviving, always around milion chips, with 150k blinds not much I could do. Lost AK vs 88 in my last hand and it was over. :)

Had fun tho, freerolls are pretty cool. Only bad thing is payout structure. 11th place like 0.50$, and first 40$.

It is a bit hard to finish 11th out of 10k people.
  • 2 replies
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Good job. Partypoker tourneys with large fields are a variance nightmare with so many donks and fish. So it's quite a statistical accomplishment to outlast such a fishy field.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      awesome achievement.

I would never have the patience to play a tourney like that. Will probably just to big or go broke early.