[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH - KK lots of action pre flop

• KeKNoRRiS
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO folds, BU calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB raises to $0.38, Hero raises to $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.92, BB calls $0.62.

Flop: ($3.08) 8, 2, T (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1.00, BB raises to $2.12, SB calls $0.90.

Turn: ($8.1) 8 (3 players)

River: ($8.1) K (3 players)

Final Pot: $8.1.

Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, kings full of eights(Ks Kc).
      SB shows a pair of eights(7c 6c).
      BB shows two pairs, jacks and eights(Jd Jh).

Hero wins with a full-house, kings full of eights(Ks Kc).

Hi all, I'm posting this hand because I'm not sure about my preflop action. I 4B into 3 oponents, but wasn't sure whether to shove or not.

Should I shove with 100BB in this situation? In this situation I think even with 1 caller I would've been pot committed and would have to get it in on any flop anyway.
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      Well I just more like shoving because I want to isolate myself against one or max two opponents. You are commited anyways so...
    • MaestroOfZerg

You want strong hands like AK/QQ-TT to go broke with you preflop if possible, if people are capable of folding those to a shove but not to a smallish 4bet you're better off not shoving, otherwise just jam and hope for the best.

If they're all awful players that most likely don't have much of anything but are bad enough to call small 4bets with crap same thing, by all means do not shove and let them stick around with horrible hands.

Without reads I'd assume I would have reads by now if they were awful players, so I'd just jam and hope one of them has a smaller pocket pairs.

Hope it helps.