[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - KQ multiway

• StaticMoth
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, K.
      MP3 raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.2) 2, J, K (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($1.2) Q (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.88, MP3 raises to $2.00, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls $1.12.

River: ($5.2) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50.

Final Pot: $10.2.

Villain 21/18/AF 3.2 (Flop 5.5/Turn 1.5) over 167 hands

Should've donked the flop on this wetty wetty flop

I guess the correlation between his turn aggroness (+ taken into consideration the fact that it's multiway)
      I'm clearly behind on the turn, but I can't fold it to 1/2 pot on the river, or can I ? :f_cry:
  • 4 replies
    • fryandspicy
      I think because he's shown that he's willing to give up on the hand on the flop, then suddenly comes alive on the river, you can assume he has a pretty good hand, like just hit gutshot or set. I'd call turn in case he thinks you're a maniac, then probably block bet/fold river because it makes me less sick than check-calling.
    • kymupa
      I like it.

Villian looks reasonable so I don't think he'd raise that small with AT or QQ. He might raise like that with QJ here or some draw like Tdxd.
    • letmewinplz8
      If you think you're behind on turn then why call the river? Odds go out of window if you think you're behind :P

Tho imo on these blank rivers I'd call. On the ones where a draw hits, I'm more inclined to fold unless you've housed up.

Altho if he polarizes himself on river and you think he's capable of raising combo draws etc. spose you can call some completing rivers.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd just fold on the turn. I don't think villain checks back the flop with stuff like KQ/AK/AA, while I do expect him to do just that with KK/QQ/AT, possibly JJ. If he somehow decides not to c-bet the flop 4-way I doubt he'd suddenly be happy to raise the turn with a random combo redraw unless it's goddamn strong, which means pretty much exactly Td9d after I took decent Kx hands out of his range on the flop.

As played since your turn call means you assume you're ahead way more often on the flop, the river call is okay given the odds even tho it really doesn't look like a bluff.

Hope it helps.