This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 KQo SB 9 handed

• L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $2.41
      BB:
      $1.20
      UTG1:
      $0.70
      UTG2:
      $2.06
      MP1:
      $1.30
      MP2:
      $1.23
      MP3:
      $3.31
      CO:
      $1.87
      BU:
      $3.16

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q.
      UTG1 posts deadblind, UTG1 checks, UTG2 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, CO calls $0.04, BU calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.03, BB calls $0.02, UTG1 calls $0.02.

I figured UTG2 min-raise means small pair and maybe he'll play it tricky with so many players in the hand and being OOP wasn't an advantage, so cold calling seems fine.

Flop: ($0.24) J, 3, T (6 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG1 bets $0.02, UTG2 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, BB calls $0.02.

2 cents with OESD and runner runner second nuts flush seems good. a raise wouldn't have chased too many players out of the pot and just made potential losses bigger .

Turn: ($0.36) 7 (6 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.16, UTG1 folds, UTG2 folds, CO calls $0.16, BU calls $0.16, Hero calls $0.16.

Used my timebank here, still asuming that BB is a nit, A:club: 2:club: + being in his range pretty often. Figured that if A :club: hits the river I will get paid of by BB and if another club comes or another ace hits, I will reevaluate based on bet-sizes and bet-timing.

River: ($1) 8 (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.40, CO folds, BU calls $0.40, Hero folds.

The river was a blank for me, I would have called the river bet with an ace or nine. Button calling was a bonus, making me check the hud and see the mistake ( hud stats were off, player being in his first hand at the table )

Final Pot: $1.8.
      Results follow: ( highlight to show )

BU shows three of a kind, eights(8 8).
      BB shows a flush, ten high(6 5).

BB wins with a flush, ten high(6 5).

I'm trying to find a leak in my game here, mental process or calling vs raising. Any feedback would be appreciated
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      I think you played that fine. No need to semibluff the flop because there are too many opponents for there to be any fold equity.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      You can fold it preflop. You are OOP with a very trouble making hand.

I'd just call the flop just like you did.

Im folding the turn. Because you don't know where are you in the hand. There is a big chance someone to has the flush already and even if you call with your FD and another club hits you won't know if u have the best hand because you will be against 3 players and each of them can have Ac.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by kymupa
      You can fold it preflop. You are OOP with a very trouble making hand.

I'd just call the flop just like you did.

Im folding the turn. Because you don't know where are you in the hand. There is a big chance someone to has the flush already and even if you call with your FD and another club hits you won't know if u have the best hand because you will be against 3 players and each of them can have Ac.
      This.