$58.30
      BU:
      $65.40
      SB (Hero):
      $130.60
      BB:
      $125.50

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3) 6, 3, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, BB calls $3.00.

Turn: ($9) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.00, BB calls $9.00.

River: ($27) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $20.50

We have a small meta-game going on. My thought process is as follow,

I have been raising his BB every orbit and i felt that he might call me down light. I was playing to value 77-1010

Was i spewy? Or?
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I think you could bet less on the flop. You don't have to protect and you can keep the pot more manageable. I think $1.50 or $2 is fine.

On the turn, I definitely like to bet again because we are most of the time ahead here. But again I think we can bet smaller. As played, $5 should be sufficient. With your bet sizing (pot, pot) it's hard to get called by any worse hands and you are almost isolating yourself against Qx+.

As played, I think you can never value bet the River. Depending on whether villain is aggressive, you might go for check/call. Alternatively you could make a small block bet of about $10-12, with the intention of folding to a raise.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      pot, pot, big bet line is pretty bad with second pair and showdown value. you're turning your hand into a bluff which is completely unneccessary when he's likely never folding a Q bvb.

i bet 2/3 pot on both flop and turn instead. probably ch/f river, not much you're beating if he bets river.
    • skitzo
      skitzo
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback guys. I dint want him to check down smaller pockets then me, which was why i donk river again. Thinking back, i feel the largest mistakes were my bet sizings.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      I think you could bet less on the flop. You don't have to protect and you can keep the pot more manageable. I think $1.50 or $2 is fine.

On the turn, I definitely like to bet again because we are most of the time ahead here. But again I think we can bet smaller. As played, $5 should be sufficient. With your bet sizing (pot, pot) it's hard to get called by any worse hands and you are almost isolating yourself against Qx+.

As played, I think you can never value bet the River. Depending on whether villain is aggressive, you might go for check/call. Alternatively you could make a small block bet of about $10-12, with the intention of folding to a raise.
      +1
      I would also bet smaller on the flop and turn and won´t really barrel river since he is not folding there Qx hand