This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Was i spewing?

• skitzo
      skitzo
      Bronze
      Villian was 26/20/3.6 over 350Hands

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $41.85
      CO:
      $58.30
      BU:
      $65.40
      SB (Hero):
      $130.60
      BB:
      $125.50

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3) 6, 3, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, BB calls $3.00.

Turn: ($9) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.00, BB calls $9.00.

River: ($27) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $20.50

We have a small meta-game going on. My thought process is as follow,

I have been raising his BB every orbit and i felt that he might call me down light. I was playing to value 77-1010

Was i spewy? Or?
  • 4 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I think you could bet less on the flop. You don't have to protect and you can keep the pot more manageable. I think $1.50 or $2 is fine.

On the turn, I definitely like to bet again because we are most of the time ahead here. But again I think we can bet smaller. As played, $5 should be sufficient. With your bet sizing (pot, pot) it's hard to get called by any worse hands and you are almost isolating yourself against Qx+.

As played, I think you can never value bet the River. Depending on whether villain is aggressive, you might go for check/call. Alternatively you could make a small block bet of about $10-12, with the intention of folding to a raise.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      pot, pot, big bet line is pretty bad with second pair and showdown value. you're turning your hand into a bluff which is completely unneccessary when he's likely never folding a Q bvb.

i bet 2/3 pot on both flop and turn instead. probably ch/f river, not much you're beating if he bets river.
    • skitzo
      skitzo
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback guys. I dint want him to check down smaller pockets then me, which was why i donk river again. Thinking back, i feel the largest mistakes were my bet sizings.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      I think you could bet less on the flop. You don't have to protect and you can keep the pot more manageable. I think $1.50 or $2 is fine.

On the turn, I definitely like to bet again because we are most of the time ahead here. But again I think we can bet smaller. As played, $5 should be sufficient. With your bet sizing (pot, pot) it's hard to get called by any worse hands and you are almost isolating yourself against Qx+.

As played, I think you can never value bet the River. Depending on whether villain is aggressive, you might go for check/call. Alternatively you could make a small block bet of about $10-12, with the intention of folding to a raise.
      +1
      I would also bet smaller on the flop and turn and won´t really barrel river since he is not folding there Qx hand