$14.75
      CO:
      $54.25
      BU:
      $114.15
      SB (Hero):
      $95.40

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      2 folds, BU raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.00, BB folds, BU raises to $12.50, Hero calls $7.50.

Flop: ($25.5) 7, 4, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $14.50, BU calls $14.50.

Turn: ($54.5) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $16.50, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $54.5.
      <br />
      <b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: resultBB in <b>/var/www/v4.main/v2010.11/html/cache/smarty/templates_c/%%ED/EDB/EDB54A5B%%hand_history_ajax.html.php</b> on line <b>138</b><br />

Villian was 33/31/2.8 over just 80 hands. He had 80% Steal OTB.
      I find myself stuck in these spots very often. How should i play AK OOP against various opponents? Also, i think my bet sizing is probably not optimal but i dint want to look weak.
  • 8 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      well, this is quite difficult because you are both 200bb deep. Normally I would say you should just 4b broke against such a loose BU raiser. You won't often be making a really big mistake.

However here you can't get it in pre for 200bb.

so, I think your options are: 5b to around $30 and fold if he continues or just call, as you did.

However, if you call I would not donk out. There is not much you can represent on this board and you normally get a cbet out of villain so if you really had a set, would most likely check/raise.

So I either check/fold or check/raise (if you think villain is weak often enough).

as played, check/fold on the turn is basically mandatory. There is no way to continue - just wait for a better spot.

I wouldn't worry too much about these kinds of spots with AK. It's a good hand but I think most of its value comes from dominating other Ax hands or Kx hands on Axx/Kxx hands. You can get into a lot of trouble if you are stubborn when you don't hit something.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      5bet or fold pre. Fold likely wouldn't be horrible.

Ch/f flop, as played, ch/f turn. Anything else postflop on this board is spew.
    • skitzo
      skitzo
      Bronze
      Won't Folding AK against sucha loose button stealer be exploitable. Or should i not be worrying about such stuff at 50NL
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Or should i not be worrying about such stuff at 50NL

This.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by skitzo
      Won't Folding AK against sucha loose button stealer be exploitable. Or should i not be worrying about such stuff at 50NL
      Don't assume they'll exploit you until you catch them doing it.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think maybe b/c pf is also fine option
      Once you start 4-betting AK I think you also have to stack off pre-flop since he would then very likely shove AK and a lot of times just flat KK/AA
      as played: you can c/f flop, since he is not folding there better hands and likely you´re not going postflop bet/bet/shove mode then you can also give up on the flop, since he would also sometimes float with A high hands to take pot away on the turn
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Once you start 4-betting AK I think you also have to stack off pre-flop

Hi Kaitz20,

Just to check, do you still stack off for 200bb pre? In this hand, we are faced with 4b already. So do you want to 5b shove 180bb? Or 5b to like 60bb and then call off shove?

I may have misunderstood but seems to me that stacking off AKo 200bb deep pre is a leak, without really strong reads.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Once you start 4-betting AK I think you also have to stack off pre-flop

Hi Kaitz20,

Just to check, do you still stack off for 200bb pre? In this hand, we are faced with 4b already. So do you want to 5b shove 180bb? Or 5b to like 60bb and then call off shove?

I may have misunderstood but seems to me that stacking off AKo 200bb deep pre is a leak, without really strong reads.
      it all depends on the player but yeah I would´t really like stacking pf with AK, so I´d also prefer either call 4-bet or call oop 3-bet