Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: 9:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.50) 9:diamond: 9:spade: J:club:

SB bets $1, Hero raises to $3, SB calls $2

TURN ($7.50) 9:diamond: 9:spade: J:club: 5:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $5, SB calls $5

RIVER ($17.50) 9:diamond: 9:spade: J:club: 5:heart: 7:diamond:

SB bets $16.25 (AI), Hero ?

I raise the flop to get him into herocalling-//yetibluffing mode, intending to click it back if he raises be or get it allin on the river if he c/c me down.

Now he doenst act as expected on the river, i dont think he'll turn AJ into a bluff like that but we are on top of our range and more often than not dont have a hand in this spot.
  • 5 replies
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      I can't find a fold ever bvb in this spot. Call and feel pretty good about it imo.
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      I can't find a fold ever bvb in this spot. Call and feel pretty good about it imo.
      +1 this
      nh, if you snapcalled...
      If he happens to have JJ, J9, K9 or A9 it's just a cooler.
      If he has 55 or 77 or 86, T8 he is just a donk who got lucky.
      And if he has 95, 97 it's just bad luck.

What did he have?
      hmm, after reviewing it, there are actually a lot combinations which beats you....
      Maybe you can find a fold if you want to save variance, but I'd call and make a note for the next time... ;-)

Best regards,
      Anin
    • Zolt4n
      Zolt4n
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think the flop raise doesn't make any sense. It's a typical way ahead or way back situation, I'd let him bluff and just call on the flop.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by Zolt4n
      Hello,

I think the flop raise doesn't make any sense. It's a typical way ahead or way back situation, I'd let him bluff and just call on the flop.
      It depends on your image and any potential dynamics with the other player. If you've shown down a bluffraise in these kinda spots on the flop then raising is a pretty good way to induce spaz sometimes. You also raise for value against QT or T8 - not a total WA/WB spot. The fact that this is BvB makes it tough for him to believe you have a 9 too and I've seen villain's flat AK/AQ in these spots too OOP.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      only T8 got there on the river, not really sure if he should shove river himself AJ+, likely not, but you also beat a lot 9x hands and QT so call is fine