$21.90
      SB (Hero):
      $15.10
      BB:
      $8.05
      MP2:
      $1.64

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.8) 6, 8, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70.

River: ($5.4) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.45, MP3 raises to $17.71, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.85.

Villain = 19/19/inf AF/FCbet: 100%/TCbet: 100%

Better to just check-call again? What should I do against a shove if I was to check-raise there?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Fold pre.

Villian looks like a reg and against his MP3 range JTo is behind + you are OOP.

I'd fold it on the turn. Villian continues to bet big and we're most often with 4 outs and we don't have the odds to call.

I'd c/f river. Simply every T beats us, 9x beats us, his sets now turned into FH and he's simply not betting on the river with a worse hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by kymupa
      Fold pre.

Villian looks like a reg and against his MP3 range JTo is behind + you are OOP.

I'd fold it on the turn. Villian continues to bet big and we're most often with 4 outs and we don't have the odds to call.

I'd c/f river. Simply every T beats us, 9x beats us, his sets now turned into FH and he's simply not betting on the river with a worse hand.
      This, except maybe the river line. It's still possible he bet the turn again with JJ+ unless he is a scared nit that would "pot-control" all overpairs on the turn, which I assume is why Hero felt the need to valuebet the river, thinking villain would check back that pairing river T with JJ+. I think I like the donkbet as long as villain can bet the turn again with overpairs. Wouldn't quarrel with anyone wanting to check/fold that, as it's obviously way better than check/calling, so if you think the donkbet for value is too thin for whatever reason, check/folding is the way.

When he shoves the river you're obviously smoked, he's never jamming JJ+ there. That doesn't mean donking out for value was bad, just that you happened to run into 88 instead of AA this time around.

Hope it helps.