This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Rush - Runner runner vs shove

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $20.36
      CO:
      $15.82
      BU:
      $21.90
      SB (Hero):
      $15.10
      BB:
      $8.05
      MP2:
      $1.64

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, J.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.8) 6, 8, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70.

River: ($5.4) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.45, MP3 raises to $17.71, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.85.

Villain = 19/19/inf AF/FCbet: 100%/TCbet: 100%

Better to just check-call again? What should I do against a shove if I was to check-raise there?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Fold pre.

Villian looks like a reg and against his MP3 range JTo is behind + you are OOP.

I'd fold it on the turn. Villian continues to bet big and we're most often with 4 outs and we don't have the odds to call.

I'd c/f river. Simply every T beats us, 9x beats us, his sets now turned into FH and he's simply not betting on the river with a worse hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by kymupa
      Fold pre.

Villian looks like a reg and against his MP3 range JTo is behind + you are OOP.

I'd fold it on the turn. Villian continues to bet big and we're most often with 4 outs and we don't have the odds to call.

I'd c/f river. Simply every T beats us, 9x beats us, his sets now turned into FH and he's simply not betting on the river with a worse hand.
      This, except maybe the river line. It's still possible he bet the turn again with JJ+ unless he is a scared nit that would "pot-control" all overpairs on the turn, which I assume is why Hero felt the need to valuebet the river, thinking villain would check back that pairing river T with JJ+. I think I like the donkbet as long as villain can bet the turn again with overpairs. Wouldn't quarrel with anyone wanting to check/fold that, as it's obviously way better than check/calling, so if you think the donkbet for value is too thin for whatever reason, check/folding is the way.

When he shoves the river you're obviously smoked, he's never jamming JJ+ there. That doesn't mean donking out for value was bad, just that you happened to run into 88 instead of AA this time around.

Hope it helps.