FTP to SP conversion rate

• MoneyMagnet2
      MoneyMagnet2
      Bronze
      I know on this site it states 1$ of rake = 2SP

and on the FTP site it states:

"You earn Full Tilt Points (FTPs) whenever you play for real money. The more you play, the more points you earn! In cash games, you earn 1 point for every dollar in rake that is collected from the pot, and in tournaments and Sit & Gos, you earn 7 points for every $1 in tournament fees."

so

1FTPs = 1$ rake

combining these 2 equations gives:

1FTPs = 1$ rake = 2SP

However checking the 2 websites shows a rate of about 4FTPs = 1SP

even considering any HappyHour FTPs it doesn't add up (i dont think), please help and explain what I'm missing!

- perhaps the 1st equation is 1$ of rake PokerStrategy get?
  • 6 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      earn 1 point for every dollar in rake that is collected from the pot, and in tournaments and Sit & Gos, you earn 7 points for every $1 in tournament fees."

You don't have to be the one that put sin the whole raked dollar in the pot. :) For example, if you are SB, CO raises, BU calls, you fold, BB folds, that SB will give you FTPs depending on the amount of rake taken after the hand is played out postflop. $1 in tourney fees rake = 2 SPs for sure.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      FTPpointsvSP ratio
      FR: 4.5:1
      SH:3:1
      HU:1:1

FTP=Rake*#of player
      SP=Rake*2
    • MoneyMagnet2
      MoneyMagnet2
      Bronze
      Thanks i5bet72o, just what I was after, this would be really useful info on the Full Tilt section of this web site...

On the back of this I'm considering trying SH to get 50% more SP's; the elephant licence is still a long way away and it all helps, although the 10 bonus SP are making a massive difference! (That's why I want to understand this relationship....) to make sure i get 1SP each time I play.

For me playing two tables at NL0.02 it takes about 2-3 hours for my single SP :( !
    • booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      I was wondering this to!
      Some days I get 300+ FTP not counting happy hour. I checked thru Iron Man Challenge. And only receive 80 sp points
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi booger6o4,

If you play full ring 300 points on that tables are $33 rake and this are 66 SPs.

Short handed 300 points are $50 rake and 100 StrategyPoints.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • Baconbits
      Baconbits
      Bronze
      the happy hour points dont count towards your rakeback or strategy points.
      that is to say you wont get double SP when happy hour is running, they just
      go towards your total when you want to buy something from the FT shop