• 9 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      What's ur budget for the coach?
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      to be honest the cheaper the better lol im just looking for offers atm. Because im a student im quite limited on my budget atm.

But if not a coach i was wondering of some kind of 'support group' kind of thing.

Like we all, play different games n what ever chat about what were doing and why we do what were doing. There was another thread

Micro Stakes Study Group

this kind of thing seemed sort of ideal, i downloaded skype n everything then realised it wasnt happening now lol.

I think it would be good to learn with other people- I am a micro stakes player but i would like to learn and advance my game.

Cash games are a very very gray area to me for example.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      you can pm me in skype, we can chat about some hands. I'm no coach but looking for fellow sng grinders to discuss sessions :)

play at $6.50 ATM on FTP
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      ill drop ya a pm :) If anyone else is interested i think it would be really good to get a group going kind of thing :)

I mean literally at this moment in time i am freerolling because my fund are on the rocks atm because of uni. But i should have funds again to get back to grind soon.

Hopefully the starting capital on here too :p i play FT already so partypoker will be where my play goes with starting capital.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he jaytee1990,

how about visiting one of our live coaching sessions once you received your starting capital (you will be bronze than). Or having a look at our strategy articles and videos,quite a few of them also available for basic/bronze?
    • kennyclr
      kennyclr
      Bronze
      Hey I was looking forward the micro groups and yes I'd like to join you guys. Any idea how to add u guys on skype? you guys can pm me?
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      sent you a pm for anyone interested

jaytee19901 is my username on skype
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      he jaytee1990,
      great to see you became bronze. Go for the study group, but honestly, I wouldn't miss out on coaching sessions, strategy articles, videos and hand evaluations.
      Even as a group you can go trough a certain amount of hand evaluations for example and discuss them - its up to you to make the best out of your options -. I think we -PokerStrategy.com- do pretty good in offering you many good choices to improve your game, please use them - or come back to us if you got questions.
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Hey man
      For SnGs at least we have a very active study group on skype, go to Micro SnG Study Group for details, and add me on skype: ged.forrest

Personally, having gone from scratch to being a fairly solid micro stakes player (i.e. I am yet to see anyone playing better than me at the $2.25s yet :s_biggrin: ) I'd say easily the best way to learn is the hand forums and Chenny's coachings. The coachings will give you an idea of the sort of tricky spots you should be looking for to improve your game, and then just post a stack of hands in the forums.

Also, lots of people in the skype group will be happy to do 1 on 1 review sessions with you, which may be enough to improve your game substantially (most of us are reasonably good micro stakes players).

Join the skype group and come talk SnG strategy with us some time :)