[NL2-NL10] NL50: Forcing All-In with AA

• aaccw
      aaccw
      Bronze
      Not exactly SSS, but as a newbie I am not allowed to post at BSS (if I am correct?). Mods are free to move this if need be:

$50 USD NL Texas Holdem @ PTY
      Table (Real Money)
      Seat 3 is the button
      Total number of players : 6
      Seat 2: hero ( $92.33 USD )
      Seat 3: GamieJold ( $54.33 USD )
      Seat 1: HatchEF ( $30.41 USD )
      Seat 4: ACE888ACE888 ( $50.19 USD )
      Seat 6: scarapate ( $9.50 USD )
      Seat 5: spoggsy ( $0 USD )
      ACE888ACE888 posts small blind [$0.25 USD].
      scarapate posts big blind [$0.50 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to hero [ Ah Ac ]
      HatchEF folds
      spoggsy has joined the table.
      hero raises [$1.50 USD]
      GamieJold raises [$5.25 USD]
      ACE888ACE888 folds
      scarapate folds
      hero calls [$3.75 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 7d, 3h ]
      hero bets [$7 USD]
      GamieJold raises [$20 USD]
      hero raises [$26 USD]
      GamieJold is all-In [$29.08 USD]
      hero calls [$16.08 USD]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]
      ** Dealing River ** [ 7c ]
      hero shows [ Ah, Ac ]two pairs, Aces and Sevens.
      GamieJold doesnt show [ Qc, Qd ]two pairs, Queens and Sevens.
      hero wins $107.41 USD from the main pot with two pairs, Aces and Sevens.

Any comments? My own point was to put a lot of pressure on my opp as I had the AA and the flop was trash. I suspected strong pocket pair by his aggression as a fairly passive player pre-flop. The postflop aggression factor of my opp also indicated I have a chance of getting him by aggression rather than value betting.

:spade:
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´m not sure, but why you could post SSS and not BSS forum:) Doesn´t make sense to me. I would 4-bet preflop. 6- handed table playing AA oop may not be the most profitable. Btw, don´t post results:)
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Typical situation, when you pay off a set. Push before the flop after he reraise.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Against very aggressive opponents it's many times more profitable to play your monsters passive than aggressive, so I like the way you play it. I think it's read dependant whether you 4-bet preflop or not. (Against someone who 3bets very rarely, I 4bet here though)

What I don't like though, is that you bet 3x BB pf with aces instead of normal 4x BB raise, as it's easily noticed & might end up you winning small pots with aces & losing (very) big pots if you always do this with aces and only aces preflop.
    • aaccw
      aaccw
      Bronze
      Originally posted by degnic
      Against very aggressive opponents it's many times more profitable to play your monsters passive than aggressive, so I like the way you play it. I think it's read dependant whether you 4-bet preflop or not. (Against someone who 3bets very rarely, I 4bet here though)

What I don't like though, is that you bet 3x BB pf with aces instead of normal 4x BB raise, as it's easily noticed & might end up you winning small pots with aces & losing (very) big pots if you always do this with aces and only aces preflop.
      Tnx to everybody answering so far. 'dgenic' I was tinking 3xbb as I am open betting. Also in this case as I have AA I regard this a potential flop winner (hell... even river winner:) ), so this is kind of value betting. I would bet 4xbb if someone limped before me and 5xbb with 2 limpers up to block betting 1.2*pot with even more limpers If I myself hold a marginally weaker hand - like AQs or KK to JJ.

:spade: