This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50: Forcing All-In with AA

• aaccw
      aaccw
      Bronze
      Not exactly SSS, but as a newbie I am not allowed to post at BSS (if I am correct?). Mods are free to move this if need be:

$50 USD NL Texas Holdem @ PTY
      Table (Real Money)
      Seat 3 is the button
      Total number of players : 6
      Seat 2: hero ( $92.33 USD )
      Seat 3: GamieJold ( $54.33 USD )
      Seat 1: HatchEF ( $30.41 USD )
      Seat 4: ACE888ACE888 ( $50.19 USD )
      Seat 6: scarapate ( $9.50 USD )
      Seat 5: spoggsy ( $0 USD )
      ACE888ACE888 posts small blind [$0.25 USD].
      scarapate posts big blind [$0.50 USD].
      ** Dealing down cards **
      Dealt to hero [ Ah Ac ]
      HatchEF folds
      spoggsy has joined the table.
      hero raises [$1.50 USD]
      GamieJold raises [$5.25 USD]
      ACE888ACE888 folds
      scarapate folds
      hero calls [$3.75 USD]
      ** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 7d, 3h ]
      hero bets [$7 USD]
      GamieJold raises [$20 USD]
      hero raises [$26 USD]
      GamieJold is all-In [$29.08 USD]
      hero calls [$16.08 USD]
      ** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]
      ** Dealing River ** [ 7c ]
      hero shows [ Ah, Ac ]two pairs, Aces and Sevens.
      GamieJold doesnt show [ Qc, Qd ]two pairs, Queens and Sevens.
      hero wins $107.41 USD from the main pot with two pairs, Aces and Sevens.

Any comments? My own point was to put a lot of pressure on my opp as I had the AA and the flop was trash. I suspected strong pocket pair by his aggression as a fairly passive player pre-flop. The postflop aggression factor of my opp also indicated I have a chance of getting him by aggression rather than value betting.

:spade:
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´m not sure, but why you could post SSS and not BSS forum:) Doesn´t make sense to me. I would 4-bet preflop. 6- handed table playing AA oop may not be the most profitable. Btw, don´t post results:)
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Typical situation, when you pay off a set. Push before the flop after he reraise.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Against very aggressive opponents it's many times more profitable to play your monsters passive than aggressive, so I like the way you play it. I think it's read dependant whether you 4-bet preflop or not. (Against someone who 3bets very rarely, I 4bet here though)

What I don't like though, is that you bet 3x BB pf with aces instead of normal 4x BB raise, as it's easily noticed & might end up you winning small pots with aces & losing (very) big pots if you always do this with aces and only aces preflop.
    • aaccw
      aaccw
      Bronze
      Originally posted by degnic
      Against very aggressive opponents it's many times more profitable to play your monsters passive than aggressive, so I like the way you play it. I think it's read dependant whether you 4-bet preflop or not. (Against someone who 3bets very rarely, I 4bet here though)

What I don't like though, is that you bet 3x BB pf with aces instead of normal 4x BB raise, as it's easily noticed & might end up you winning small pots with aces & losing (very) big pots if you always do this with aces and only aces preflop.
      Tnx to everybody answering so far. 'dgenic' I was tinking 3xbb as I am open betting. Also in this case as I have AA I regard this a potential flop winner (hell... even river winner:) ), so this is kind of value betting. I would bet 4xbb if someone limped before me and 5xbb with 2 limpers up to block betting 1.2*pot with even more limpers If I myself hold a marginally weaker hand - like AQs or KK to JJ.

:spade: