SB: $10.75
      Hero (BB): $9.25
      UTG: $24.00
      UTG+1: $10.80
      MP: $21.40
      MP+1: $14.20

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has J:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $9.25 and is all-in, CO calls $7.75

Hero shows J:diamond: K:spade: (One Pair, Queens)
      CO shows Q:diamond: K:diamond:

Now you may look at this and think I'm a complete donk, and maybe I am. CO was playing 8/8 with ATS 28% over 200 hands. My reasoning was that he's folding so much of his range that this shove is +EV. Of course, this was a quick mental calculation at the time. With hindsight, it was maybe a bit close, and probably a fold. I'd also have been happier to do this with something like 76s, as it has better equity against the hands he's likely to call with. I just couldn't believe it when he called with KQs!

Sorry that's a bit of a ramble, and not really a question, but I'd appreciate any comments. And I know I shouldn't really show Villain's hand, but I'd like an opinion on his call too. :f_cool:
  • 5 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

NH IMO.

For me thats a re-steal as well against a fellow SSS player. Dont have the equilator here but I'm fairly sure its +EV.

His call is bad IMO or have you been re-stealing him a lot? What is his fold to re-steal stat?

T.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      For me thats a re-steal as well against a fellow SSS player. Dont have the equilator here but I'm fairly sure its +EV.
      8/8 doesn't sound like you playing the SSS and furthermore with the equilator you only know your equity against his callingrange which should never be more than 50% if not 40%.

Anyways you get your money from the FEQ & PEQ and knowning your PEQ you can solve the equation for getitng the FEQ:
      EV = Pot*Foldequity + (1-Foldequity)[(eff.Stack+Deadmoney)*Equity – (eff.Stack*(1-Equity))]

Approximately you need 68% FEQ to be EV0 and then you have to look at his FEQ% percentage at the stats

All-in-all I would more look at the math rather than a range

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      @Tamp. I'm pretty sure I wasn't restealing much, and I don't have the fold to resteal stat in my HUD. Maybe I should.

@Gerv
      That's pretty much the calculation I quickly did. If he calls with roughly a top 8% hand after stealing with 28% he's folding about 20/28, which is about 66%, which is, as you say, close to what I need to break even. Maybe a bit too close?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      It depends on
      1) His exact CO% open vs BTN% open
      2) How the way he is thinking (Level 1 = own cards, Level 2 = HUD on you)

I would say if he is a standard ss player , your KJ functions as blocking material hence I would shove it in there because he has to fold a lot. It quickly changes whenever he sees you restealing lighter than normal hence his callingrange % increases which makes your KJo even more vulnerable since AJ/AQ/KQ//more PPs will call now
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      OK. Thx v much.