This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Loose resteal

• jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.50 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

LP: $10.00
      CO: $12.25
      BTN: $29.65
      SB: $10.75
      Hero (BB): $9.25
      UTG: $24.00
      UTG+1: $10.80
      MP: $21.40
      MP+1: $14.20

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has J:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $9.25 and is all-in, CO calls $7.75

Hero shows J:diamond: K:spade: (One Pair, Queens)
      CO shows Q:diamond: K:diamond:

Now you may look at this and think I'm a complete donk, and maybe I am. CO was playing 8/8 with ATS 28% over 200 hands. My reasoning was that he's folding so much of his range that this shove is +EV. Of course, this was a quick mental calculation at the time. With hindsight, it was maybe a bit close, and probably a fold. I'd also have been happier to do this with something like 76s, as it has better equity against the hands he's likely to call with. I just couldn't believe it when he called with KQs!

Sorry that's a bit of a ramble, and not really a question, but I'd appreciate any comments. And I know I shouldn't really show Villain's hand, but I'd like an opinion on his call too. :f_cool:
  • 5 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

NH IMO.

For me thats a re-steal as well against a fellow SSS player. Dont have the equilator here but I'm fairly sure its +EV.

His call is bad IMO or have you been re-stealing him a lot? What is his fold to re-steal stat?

T.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tampaloeres81
      For me thats a re-steal as well against a fellow SSS player. Dont have the equilator here but I'm fairly sure its +EV.
      8/8 doesn't sound like you playing the SSS and furthermore with the equilator you only know your equity against his callingrange which should never be more than 50% if not 40%.

Anyways you get your money from the FEQ & PEQ and knowning your PEQ you can solve the equation for getitng the FEQ:
      EV = Pot*Foldequity + (1-Foldequity)[(eff.Stack+Deadmoney)*Equity – (eff.Stack*(1-Equity))]

Approximately you need 68% FEQ to be EV0 and then you have to look at his FEQ% percentage at the stats

All-in-all I would more look at the math rather than a range

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      @Tamp. I'm pretty sure I wasn't restealing much, and I don't have the fold to resteal stat in my HUD. Maybe I should.

@Gerv
      That's pretty much the calculation I quickly did. If he calls with roughly a top 8% hand after stealing with 28% he's folding about 20/28, which is about 66%, which is, as you say, close to what I need to break even. Maybe a bit too close?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      It depends on
      1) His exact CO% open vs BTN% open
      2) How the way he is thinking (Level 1 = own cards, Level 2 = HUD on you)

I would say if he is a standard ss player , your KJ functions as blocking material hence I would shove it in there because he has to fold a lot. It quickly changes whenever he sees you restealing lighter than normal hence his callingrange % increases which makes your KJo even more vulnerable since AJ/AQ/KQ//more PPs will call now
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      OK. Thx v much.