MP+1: $7.30
      LP: $6.90
      CO: $17.67
      BTN: $12.52
      SB: $11.04
      Hero (BB): $18.81

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:heart: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.20, fold, CO raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.80, fold, CO calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.85, 2 players) 8:heart: K:diamond: Q:diamond:

MP+1 is unknown
      CO 15/10/3/5 (VP/PR/AF/3B)

Is it ok to try 4-bet bluff here? I thought he is trying to isolate min raiser and I can steal dead money. Is it possible to make C-bet here, can we make better hands to fold or this flop hits his range to much?
  • 3 replies
    • alenstrat
      Unless you have stats that this guy is 3 betting lightly and has a high fold to 4 bet% this seems like a pretty bad move. 1) You're not going to go broke preflop with this hand if he shoves you 2) You're OOP with a pretty marginal hand if he calls your 4 bet.

And even worse the guy is also deep stacked, so this is a pretty sick spot. On that flop, with that pot size and with nut straight and backdoor flush potential I don't think you have any option but to bluff shove the flop vs. a normal/mid/short stack to continue with your bluff line .. but then again, what is he folding on that board? AK AA KK QQ all hit it really well, and even the most marginal hands he could have called your 4 bet, like AQ already have you dominated. He could only be folding JJ or 1010. So flop is undoubtedly a check fold vs. another deep stack.
    • kymupa
      Never cold4bet bluff at that level. At this level ABC style is making enough monies.

And your hand sucks to cold4bet. You are most often dominated and if you want to bluff cold4bet i prefer to do it with 89s because you are not dominated and you have massive implied odds.

I won't cbet that flop because he will fold only JJ/TT here.
    • MaestroOfZerg

I agree with preflop, just stay away from cold4betting light at these stakes, and if you do it anyway, cut your losses on the flop unless you recognize it's a good spot to continue, because when people call a cold4bet, especially some 15/10 dude, they're usually not showing up with trash at all.

As played I wouldn't try to make him fold JJ/TT on the flop either, but not because I think it's bad. I actually like it somewhat, combo-wise we're looking at 9 TT-JJ versus 9 QQ-AA and he can't really call with TT-JJ with that preflop action and two overcards on the flop, so if we bet something like 1/3 and he folds TT-JJ we're making money. Of course he's probably not always calling with TT-JJ preflop but given the deepstacks I'd say there is a good chance he does it a lot, and AA might choose to 4-bet instead something to build an even bigger pot preflop, so overall the ratio should be pretty stable.

The reason I'd check is because I don't expect him to bet those hands when checked to anyway, whereas I do expect him to bet QQ+ to try and get it in given the deepstacks. So by checking to see what he does we have a pretty good chance at being able to tell right away if he's strong or weak, and if he's weak, bet the turn against a weaker range to get him off TT-JJ. We still have some nutted outs and backdoors as a backup as well just in case.

Hope it helps.