sngs nl holdem

• jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      im currently playing at party poker with my starting captial. Im enjoying this experience, but the thing that bugs me is.

All sngs nl hodem at my stake are turbo! does anyone else find this annoying or know why they only do turbo sngs for nl holdem.

i micro stake at $1
  • 5 replies
    • pokerplayer05
      pokerplayer05
      Gold
      i don't know why.go to fulltilt they have nonturbo SnG :)
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      i already play there so had to put my starting capital on party :)
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      Yes it can be quite frustrating to have super turbos as the only option for a mcro bankroll....also, the rake on those games is HUGe making it quite hard to beat....

I also started my bankroll on party with a free 50 bucks from PS. I found out that there is a steep amount to learn when it comes to these SnGs. First table selection, seat selection and time of day to play can be a large factor in building a bankroll at these games.

Also, since the bubbles comes soooo quickly, a solid understanding of ICM, blind pushing and 3 handed play is super important. Since getting 3rd is a waste of time with the rake.

Just as a side note, I was able to clear the points to release the 50 bucks as well as get to 100 bucks where I moved to the $3 speed games(twice the amount of time between blind levels) and get to 250 where I moved to the 6 dollar(less raked) SnGs. Which have normal, speed and turbo games, plus double or nothings as well....All this in under two months with ver diligent studying, note taking, table selection and getting up to 8 tabling....

It is not that hard, it is just easier at other sites....
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      As Ultifanatic already wrote it is really important that you learn and know ICM. If you have a solid understanding of it, you can make easy money. ;)

Good luck and keep us updated about your poker career.
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HannesZ
      As Ultifanatic already wrote it is really important that you learn and know ICM. If you have a solid understanding of it, you can make easy money. ;)

Good luck and keep us updated about your poker career.
      I do need to learn about ICM , im hoping to discuss this with some people in the micro study group because i learn alot easier if talked through lol.

I have started a blog in the blog section to keep all updated :)