NL50 TP, Turnplay

• Confeti
      81/76/2.3/28 - 132 hands

Cbet flop: 76% (17 hands)
      Cbet turn: 57% (7 " )

Should I protect my hand on the turn playing donkbet (donkbet/fold) ?

On the river the best was C/F, that donkbet is a mistake..

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($64.70)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 8:diamond:

raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3) 3:spade: K:heart: A:spade:

Hero checks, bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

TURN ($6) 3:spade: K:heart: A:spade: 9:spade:

Hero checks, bets $5, Hero calls $5

RIVER ($16) 3:spade: K:heart: A:spade: 9:spade: 7:spade:

Hero bets $9, calls $9
  • 6 replies
    • dylboi011
      you could fold a8o pre i guess, anyway your line is kinda wierd here, being the passive tard that i am i think i rather c/c here than donkbeting 1/2 pot you have barely any fold equity by betting so small, but since you did id rather bet $4.50 or smth on turn as well, either that or c/f, then donking the river for 1/2 pot again makes no sense after you decided to c/c turn, any spade would surely barrel turn so c/f river.
    • NightFrostaSS
      I'd like that river donkbet more if you somehow would end up on river with a hand with no SD value. :D

Turn is played fine/standard, donkbetting ofc is an option but you should do it only when villain plays very passive on turn imo.
    • sapheal
      Fold pre. River XF. Having SDV and a weak marginal hand, go simply for the smaller pot. If he insists here, just let it go. Had he bet river knowing You repped {Ax,Kx,FD}, this bet is more often for value than not.
    • Confeti
      Thanks for your replys.

Fold A8o against 76% of oR? Im favourite against his range, also I can get a cheap SD (he don't barrel turn + river so much).

What's your calling range against him?
    • veriz
      Hello Confeti,

I wouldn't fold either preflop, pretty nice hand to play against him. As well he doesn't seem to be a maniac who barrels like 2 times every time. Rather a guy who gives up on turn when he doesn't have a made hand. Therefore I'd also say that rather Check/Fold it on river, you don't beat anything, you just turned your hand into bluff. He will most of the time just Check behind anyways when he has a weaker holding and will be betting with stronger ones, I don't expect that kind of guy to bluff that often here, unless you have some reads to think that.

Best regards.
    • niveaformen
      Wtf folding A8o vs 81% BB open? Fckng nits :D

Also this guy has very high flop and turn cbet what 's reason more to defend Ax hands.

Donk river is awful, only if u r turning ur hand into a bluff what I don't believe...