fold, fold, CO raises to $0.85, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.80) 9:club: J:diamond: Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.15, Hero calls $1.15

TURN ($4.10) 9:club: J:diamond: Q:diamond: J:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.20, Hero calls $2.20

RIVER ($8.50) 9:club: J:diamond: Q:diamond: J:club: K:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $8.50, Hero calls $8.50

FINAL ($24.23)

I think people open CO pretty wide, but I had a decent hand I would love to paly for pot control if I was to hit an A, also can get quite some draws to the nuts.

On the flop I think c/c is the better play. donking is also decent, but I would have a hard time playing if he was to raise my donk. c/r isn't good imo, because he can call or 3bet me usually with fd or set, maybe he could even have two pair on this flop.

The turn is rather tricky, because if he was to have a set or two pair, it just improved tremendously with me pretty much drawing dead, but his small bet sizing shows weakness imo. I have also picked up aditional outs vs. all hands that don't have me drawing dead. I don't like semi bluffing on this street, because I don't think I have much (if any) fold equity.

River is where it gets interesting. So far in my experience it seems that pot bets on the river are rather strong (in general for rush, not against this specific opponent)

An argument for donking can definitely be made, but I think that he bets Tx himself, sometimese he might decide to bluff a 3rd time if for whatever reason he has a missed FD or some random small pocket, and ofc he bets boat. But if I was to donk I think I just have too strong of a hand to fold to a raise and would end up paying him too much.

Should I have showed more aggression on one of the streets? should I 3b pre this kind of a hand when it mostly isolates me vs. stronger Aces oop playing for big pot?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think call pf is fine, especially if you´re not comfortable playing deep and don´t know what to do different board types
      Instead of c/c I would b/f that flop. I think you rarely get raised and very often you either take pot down or he calls once and you can bet again turn with very good equity . with that turn equity I guess c/c is fine and likely you have to call river potsize bet. He may bet that way Tx himself or maybe trying to bluff you out with missed draws