jaytee's sng blog

• jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      Heya guys, i thought i'd make a quick blog to track how I do, I will update this daily with new results.

Today i started on Party Poker after receiving my capital gains (thanks again poker strategy :) ). I managed to fit in a total of 26 games today

This is probably alot higher than my normal intake of games as today I started to Multi-Table which has helped me considerably, learnt from here that I am going to make more proffit in the long run by multi tabling than if not multi tabling.

I also played a couple of free rolls that werent very productive, but most did turbo $1 sngs.

Turbo sngs are a complete new thing for me, i tend to do reg sngs at micro $1. but I adjusted to it and have probably picked up a few valuable skills for turbo play doing so.

Money wise it has been an yo-yo day. I went to start off with from $50-$44.
      Then i did 4 tables at $1 and built back to 48- then did this a couple more times and ended up at $58.

I'm pretty happy with the direction this is heading in im taking the inital down swing as something that happened because of adjusting to the new site and turbo styles :)

So for today
      Starting Br: $50
      Ending Br $58
      Profit:+$8
  • 11 replies
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      Today wasnt a great day, i made a loss today sadly- but i am still above my starting capital just :)

It was a yo-yo day going down as far as $44 again but worked my way back up.

I realised i made a couple of questionable calls today, but mostly im pretty happy with the decisions that ive been making at the table and whilst multi tabling doing a decent amount of tables for the day.

Todays game count is 44 games total and over the last two days 70, all $1 sng turbos. Im pretty happy with the amount of games im fitting into my day atm, and I think things will turn out well.

Tomorrow is a new day and a better one!

Todays starting br:$58
      Todays loss: -$6
      Total Proffit:+$2
      New BR:$52
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      Hey all, today has been yo-yo as ever for me ! lol.

Few bad Few good sessions, not really gonna go into this one too much, read up a bit on ICM That helped a bit. But i need to break the $60 mark lol

New game count , 100 total. it can't be good if in 100 games of $1 i havent proffited over $10 lol

My Old br:$52
      New br:$56
      Today Proffit:+$4
      Total proffit:+$6
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      Looks like you are doing well so far...

Do you play with a HUD of any kind?

Also, once you get some more reading of how ICM works, you should get your self the trial version of SnG Wizard, so that you can see if you are making mostly correct decisions.

Lastly, never look badly on any profit from playing poker.
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      the day has been up and down once again. Been reading a few articles and done a few sweat sessions which has been helpful and im gonna read some more on ICM

new game count : 130 - 4days pretty happy at the count
      and am just over 50% to clearing my $50 capital for withdrawal so i can move to a site with better rake lol

Posted my sharkscope, its pretty erratic.

My Old br:$56
      New br:$52
      Today Proffit:-$2
      Total proffit:+$2
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      today has been a pretty moot day, except for that i have learnt some new stuff ICM wise and done studying, but as far as games go im back where i was at the start today a bit closer to the goal of moving my br to a better site than party poker !
      New game count is 165- im very happy with this number for the 5th day this is pretty nice number i think :)

My Old br:$52
      New br:$52
      Today Proffit:$0
      Total proffit:+$2
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Hey dude
      Good start to your blog. I might suggest one thing: don't do the daily updates of your bankroll. Why? It'll cause you to get really, really attached to your BR... which is normal, for sure, but as a SnG player you have to be prepared for some pretty nasty swings. 10 buy-in swings are quite standard, and if you are too attached to your bankroll they will really, really hurt. Trust me, I've been there. The less you look at your Cashier the better.
      Detach yourself a little from your bankroll, study Sit n Gos more and more, as this will start building you an ego about being a very awesome player which you can definitely get attached to :s_biggrin:

Good luck at the tables man
      Ged
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      Good idea ged actually - im trying to become less result orientated.
      Today has been rather unlucky, i have mostly made the correct decisions.

Earlier today got all my money in on trips someone called with an oesd and hit the river and many many other awful plays have been made by other players today and i lost against them even with the better hand. But well im rather happy that i did make the correct decisions even though i got sucked out on.

Oh well tomorrow is a new day and im gonna continue to study and play, im at 188 games so rather good there and well just see where tomorrow takes me :) at 75% on my bonus so not long till i can get off of party poker which is god damn awful lol Pokerstars here i come!
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      Today has been a pretty good day, overall im very happy with the day- I feel like i've mostly been making the right decisions in my games today and learning more each day :)

I am now at 223 games happy as ever with the amount of games im getting in, today was a bit less playing due to travel to london today for uni induction :) .

The only downside to today was a complete moron who every word he spoke was utter crap and rather frusrating, at this point i decided to stop playing for tonight as he got me rather mad to be honest, im a bit disapointed in myself for letting that get to me.
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      Today has been so erratic!!!, one moment im down, then im up then im down and now im back where i started at the beggining of the day!.

Most of the day i've been playing pretty well had a really good session earlier where i cashed all 4 of my tables, two first and two thirds was pretty good :)

Made mostly good decisons were couple of questionable ones in my last session probably because im rather tierd being 4 am and all lol- hit 245 game mark today and 99% of my bonus is cleared! so tomorrow will be the day i can withdraw and move to pokerstars :)
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      Today has been pretty good, i mean most of my decisions have been mostly good. Got upto the 281 game mark today so keeping up the volume.

But i have had some pretty sick beats but nearing the end of today i came back from it all and its been pretty gd,and the session reviewing ive done today was quite a happy result as it turns out my main losses in sngs are just on the blinds in situations where i couldn't call anyway and the other losses were mostly bad beats. So im just gonna continue on with my current game and see where it takes me while i continue study :)

Also i have now officially cleared my bonus and am off to pokerstars from next week!
    • jaytee1990
      jaytee1990
      Bronze
      okay i didn't do an update yesterday so im just gonna do a rather generic one for today/yesterday.

Firstly just going to give you a quick update on what is going on with me at the moment, today I just got offered accommodation at my uni campus and i move tomorrow! :) so things are looking very good and super excited to be off to uni.

So tonight i won't be playing to much as im gonna be packing esentials of course poker set etc etc and last nite was a pretty average night as far as poker goes just shy of 300 games so far now :)

So for this update im just gonna list my current goals that i want to achieve by the end of this year. I join PokerStars tomorrow and will be spectating the wsope later this week.

:spade: Played 2000 games total over the sites of pokerstars and party poker combined.
      :heart: Moved up a couple of limits by end of year
      :diamond: Increase multi tables from 4 to 6 at a time
      :club: Achieve gold member status
      :spade: Generally improve my game :s_biggrin:

from now on I will update you on my daily life in this blog as well as poker to keep to you all up to date with my antics at uni and how its going etc :)