[NL20-NL50] cold call UTG with KK nl50

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      can we ever fold here? or what is the best course of action??
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($73.95)
      BB ($52)
      UTG ($52.60)
      Hero ($50)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($79.95)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

UTG raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($3.75) 7:diamond: Q:club: 5:club:

UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3

TURN ($9.75) 7:diamond: Q:club: 5:club: 5:diamond:

UTG bets $6, Hero calls $6

RIVER ($21.75) 7:diamond: Q:club: 5:club: 5:diamond: 2:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $14, UTG raises to $34, Hero calls $20

Hero shows K:spade: K:heart:
  • 3 replies
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      given its 6 handed and u have 4 ppl left behind to act, isnt it better to 3b pre? :f_p:

oh and remove the hand cause its hard to stay objective if you see the results before you egen get to think about the hand =) i cant say much now that I already know what he has :P
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      @vonki: didn't notice that only 6 were left. don't really like 3betting with KK vs UTG. i used to remove the 'answers' but got lazy and since i trusted that the opinions given here were professional even with the answres given:P

i think i should have folded here. given the dynamics of FR/developments of board, i'm "bluff catching nothing"/villian wont value check raise river TPTK/ villian is usually incapable of making his second pair into a bluff since my river bet size indicates a lot of strength .
      no doubt there are more combos of AQ/KQ/JQ( vs 55/77/22/QQ) that i try to keep in his range by flatting, i believe i'm often crushed in this river spot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      depends on my image but I think 3-bet is likely better in deep stacks.
      he isn´t really c/r river for value with AQ, then I also doubt he is doing that with AA, so that leaves 5x+ or busted draw. It just seems very strong, but I would still make the call, since no player would never put you on KK and I think you would very often check behind yourself Qx and weaker hands. So he can´t really expect you to bet too often, thatś why I think he would also rather go to value his 5x+ hands
      Also if you raise that board quite often with bluffs or draws it is good to balance your raise with KK. if he has AQ you´re likely going to stack him