This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] cold call UTG with KK nl50

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      can we ever fold here? or what is the best course of action??
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($73.95)
      BB ($52)
      UTG ($52.60)
      Hero ($50)
      CO ($50)
      BTN ($79.95)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

UTG raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($3.75) 7:diamond: Q:club: 5:club:

UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3

TURN ($9.75) 7:diamond: Q:club: 5:club: 5:diamond:

UTG bets $6, Hero calls $6

RIVER ($21.75) 7:diamond: Q:club: 5:club: 5:diamond: 2:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $14, UTG raises to $34, Hero calls $20

Hero shows K:spade: K:heart:
  • 3 replies
    • vonki
      vonki
      Bronze
      given its 6 handed and u have 4 ppl left behind to act, isnt it better to 3b pre? :f_p:

oh and remove the hand cause its hard to stay objective if you see the results before you egen get to think about the hand =) i cant say much now that I already know what he has :P
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      @vonki: didn't notice that only 6 were left. don't really like 3betting with KK vs UTG. i used to remove the 'answers' but got lazy and since i trusted that the opinions given here were professional even with the answres given:P

i think i should have folded here. given the dynamics of FR/developments of board, i'm "bluff catching nothing"/villian wont value check raise river TPTK/ villian is usually incapable of making his second pair into a bluff since my river bet size indicates a lot of strength .
      no doubt there are more combos of AQ/KQ/JQ( vs 55/77/22/QQ) that i try to keep in his range by flatting, i believe i'm often crushed in this river spot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      depends on my image but I think 3-bet is likely better in deep stacks.
      he isn´t really c/r river for value with AQ, then I also doubt he is doing that with AA, so that leaves 5x+ or busted draw. It just seems very strong, but I would still make the call, since no player would never put you on KK and I think you would very often check behind yourself Qx and weaker hands. So he can´t really expect you to bet too often, thatś why I think he would also rather go to value his 5x+ hands
      Also if you raise that board quite often with bluffs or draws it is good to balance your raise with KK. if he has AQ you´re likely going to stack him