[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - AJo OOP

• StaticMoth
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      CO raises to $0.85, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.8) J, Q, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($1.8) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25.

River: ($4.3) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.00, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.3.

Villain - 26/19/AF 2.0/FCbet: 71%/TCbet: 100%/River AF inf

Yes yes, I should've 3betted, especially since his Fvs3bet is 100% :f_biggrin:
      My bad, big mistake

But after the flop it's a nightmare to play, don't even have a clue to what might be the most optimal way of play here :f_confused:

Just fold on the turn because I'm very very likely not gonna like the river whatever comes?
  • 2 replies
    • SPwoodrose
      I'm not really a fan of calling AJo out of position. So yeah, 3bet or fold pre.

As played I'd probably c/f the turn, too much of his range already beats us, and even if we have the best hand we're not going to like it on the river if he bets again. Plus there's not a whole lot of point check/calling just to fold when the river card actually improves us :P
    • Kaitz20
      I would likely b/f turn myself, I think he should fold maybe there Qx or call with worse hands and if you c/c you can´t really call river bet. So i think taking stab is better than c/f
      River: since you hit your trips I´d prefer leading out instead of c/f. He may easily call with two pair or worse Jx hand and you also don´t get bluffed river if you lead 1/2 pot since your hand looks a lot like boat