BB ($50)
      UTG ($52.75)
      Hero ($69.15)
      CO ($41.15)
      BTN ($83.75)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: 9:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, CO calls $1.75, fold, fold, BB calls $1.25

FLOP ($5.50) 8:heart: J:club: J:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.75, [/color]CO folds, [color=red]BB raises to $9.50, Hero??

villain is 22/18/6 after 90 hands. Looks like a regular. Flop agg 6%; chk/R flop 2/3. Any thoughts? it seems to me that villain's value range was pretty narrow here. Is that fair?

How best to proceed?

If you call the flop check raise, how should we play the turn?

• 2 replies
    • supeyrio
      hands that beat you are J with better kicker, and 88. i think flatting the bet makes alot of sense than raising/folding. turn we can re-evaluate and probably have to call his bet because he could double barrel his bluffs/overpairs that we beat as well. but if we face anymore aggression on the river, i think we can safely fold as it's hard to put villain on trash range, as well as he is unlikely he value bet his overpairs on the river. unless he is a crappy player.
      if he checks the turn we can consider value betting, but will have a tough decision if he raises, probably fold.
      we can also check the turn and value bet the river, and fold to a shove ofc. this is my preferred line.
    • Kaitz20
      I´m not really getting away my hand and I think he isn´t really c/r too often that board with Jx, so I start out calling flop, if he bets again then call turn and then calling river shove
      A lot of times he has there random gutshot or total bluff.
      Also I think he would sometimes give up or start c/c hands that has showdown value. Like if he c/r flop with QT and hit his T/Q on the turn or river I think he is going to c/c instead of shoving and then you can easily bet/shove your hand for value