Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($61.05)
      BB ($51.45)
      Hero ($50)
      CO ($45.60)
      BTN ($91.25)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $1.75, CO calls $1.75, fold, fold, BB raises to $7.25, Hero calls $5.50, fold

FLOP ($16.50) 4:spade: 3:heart: 8:diamond:

BB bets $8.50, Hero raises to $42.75 (AI), BB calls $34.25

TURN ($102) 4:spade: 3:heart: 8:diamond: K:diamond:

RIVER ($102) 4:spade: 3:heart: 8:diamond: K:diamond: K:heart:

villain is unknown at the time of this hand. Only information is that he was German, and playing 4 tables. Without wanting to stereotype, I tend to assume in such cases that we are facing a regular. CO is apparently a fish: 51/20/2 after 46 hands

Of course we can just get it in pre and (in my opinion) not be making too much of a mistake. I thought, however, that our EV may be better by just flat calling since that way the fish is more likely to join in the pot. Is that reasonable?

As played, I saw a shove on the flop as the simplest play, but maybe it's a mistake? My reasoning was that we are basically going broke against AA/KK anyway but if villain has AK we don't want to make the turn more difficult if A or K comes. is there any benefit to raising the flop smaller? It seems we can hardly raise/fold and more or less any raise commits us?

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think call is fine, although with QQ you can also 4-bet and get all-in pf, since you get quite bad K and Ax flops a lot of times (smt like 27% or so)
      Flop: I think small raise is better than shove although shove is also fine
      Just at one case you´re likely not bluffing there and may fold to shove, but if he shove you have to force him to decide if he wants to call his 56s or 77 or not