This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] TPTK OOP vs Laggy opponent

• DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $8.57
      UTG+2: $4.69
      MP1: $1.70
      MP2: $5.83
      CO: $1.93
      BTN: $14.86
      SB: $2
      Hero (BB): $5.44
      UTG: $12.54

Pre-Flop: A:diamond: K:diamond: dealt to Hero (BB)
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.10, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.22) K:club: 8:club: 5:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $7,

Hi everyone,

Against a laggy, tricky player.. A habitual limper and minraiser.. In a previous spot I 3-bet his UTG minraise in BB and he just folds.. This time I 3-bet again but he 4-bet me so I just call him..

What should I do on the flop? It's the first time he makes such an unusual crappy play? ..

Any feedback is highly appreciated..
  • 2 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Why are u playing short-stacked?

Anyway, with 50bb you should have just pushed pre. Although mini-raise/4b is usually an extremely strong line, as you said the situation might be different due to previous history between you two.

On the flop with a short stack you get close to 2-1 odds and have to call. Most of the time you see a K with a FD, or TT+ with a FD. Sometimes you saw AK with a FD freeroll. And there are only 3 AA combos out there. So you are ahead against most of his pushing range there I think
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      Why are u playing short-stacked?

Anyway, with 50bb you should have just pushed pre. Although mini-raise/4b is usually an extremely strong line, as you said the situation might be different due to previous history between you two.

On the flop with a short stack you get close to 2-1 odds and have to call. Most of the time you see a K with a FD, or TT+ with a FD. Sometimes you saw AK with a FD freeroll. And there are only 3 AA combos out there. So you are ahead against most of his pushing range there I think
      nl 5 buy-in is 5$ I think, so hero should have 100bb
      I would personally shove pf, that I don´t have to worry about any flop adn he can min 4-bet weaker hands than AA/KK
      Postflop: You should call. he is shoving there very often just random flushdraw