UTG+2: $4.69
      MP1: $1.70
      MP2: $5.83
      CO: $1.93
      BTN: $14.86
      SB: $2
      Hero (BB): $5.44
      UTG: $12.54

Pre-Flop: A:diamond: K:diamond: dealt to Hero (BB)
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.10, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.22) K:club: 8:club: 5:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $7,

Hi everyone,

Against a laggy, tricky player.. A habitual limper and minraiser.. In a previous spot I 3-bet his UTG minraise in BB and he just folds.. This time I 3-bet again but he 4-bet me so I just call him..

What should I do on the flop? It's the first time he makes such an unusual crappy play? ..

Any feedback is highly appreciated..
  • 2 replies
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Why are u playing short-stacked?

Anyway, with 50bb you should have just pushed pre. Although mini-raise/4b is usually an extremely strong line, as you said the situation might be different due to previous history between you two.

On the flop with a short stack you get close to 2-1 odds and have to call. Most of the time you see a K with a FD, or TT+ with a FD. Sometimes you saw AK with a FD freeroll. And there are only 3 AA combos out there. So you are ahead against most of his pushing range there I think
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      Why are u playing short-stacked?

Anyway, with 50bb you should have just pushed pre. Although mini-raise/4b is usually an extremely strong line, as you said the situation might be different due to previous history between you two.

On the flop with a short stack you get close to 2-1 odds and have to call. Most of the time you see a K with a FD, or TT+ with a FD. Sometimes you saw AK with a FD freeroll. And there are only 3 AA combos out there. So you are ahead against most of his pushing range there I think
      nl 5 buy-in is 5$ I think, so hero should have 100bb
      I would personally shove pf, that I don´t have to worry about any flop adn he can min 4-bet weaker hands than AA/KK
      Postflop: You should call. he is shoving there very often just random flushdraw