CO: $4.65
      BTN: $6.96
      SB: $10.55
      BB: $7.89
      Hero (UTG): $5
      UTG+1: $6.62
      UTG+2: $10.85
      MP1: $5.17

Pre-Flop: K:heart: A:heart: dealt to Hero (UTG)
      Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.47) 9:diamond: 4:heart: T:heart: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP2 raises to $0.95, Hero raises to $4.80 and is All-In, MP2 calls $2.86 and is All-In

Hi everyone,

I'm against a tighter opponent.. how should I've played the flop? At this time, I was tilting a bit (which was very bad :O ) and thus just ship it..

I think that villain may have a set (99, 44, TT) , two pair like, maybe semi-bluffing with QJ, or an overpair like JJ+ and maybe more.. So he's showing a lot of strength and I probably have at least 9 outs to a flush but not sure if my overcards can be counted too.. so which course should I have taken here?

Any feedback is highly appreciated..
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say since it depends on specifically what villain has in his range there, so without other reads than "tight" it's tough to elaborate.

The main problem is that if he's never (semi-)bluffing himself you have virtually zero fold equity against the hands he plays like that for value, so you'll always get it in flipping/behind against his value range of made hands when you shove. Calling isn't that appealing either, since your overcards outs might not be live so if you hit them you might need to fold anyway, and your flush outs are very obvious which means unless villain can't fold his hand you'll have a tough time getting paid off when you hit out of position. Obviously folding sucks big time, but it's still better than calling unless villain is an idiot and if villain is really tight it might be better than shoving.

I can tell you that shoving there is pretty standard to most people and when in doubt it can't really be considered a mistake, until you know that villain is tight enough to have only value hands, in which case it becomes suicidal :p

Hope it helps.