Bankroll management

• Mystrapoker
      I have about 43$ on Partypoker, so Im playing 0.05/0.10$ limit tables.

I have about 200$ on Pokerstars.

Since Ive only been playing poker for like 1 1/2 months I'd like to know if I could play on 0.25/0.50$ limit tables on Pokerstars and on 0.10$/0.25$ limit tables on party since thats what the articles tells you to do when you start with the 50$.
      (Basically the question on pokerstars is, am I going to be decimated by sharks on 0.50$ limit holdem tables, or the level of skill is comparable to 0.10$ limit table and if I do well there I should be fine on 0.50$ table too).

Does the limit tournament and limit SnG strategy differ much from from the nolimit tourneys & sngs strategy?

I lost like 35$ total(taking into account the higher profit mark I reached... if you reach 58$ even if you started with 50$ and gets down to 38$ that mean you lost 20$...) so far with no-limit on pokerstars and partypoker, about 5000 hands played combined. So Im a little sick of that. With limit so far I won about 0.12 big blind per hand (300 hands played). To me Im obviously better at limit than at no limit (less chance I go on tilt because I lose less cash, I just think my personality fits more with limit play than with no limit play...)
  • 2 replies
    • chenny8888
      you really can't say anything conclusive with only 300 hands played (not about skill at least).

that said if you prefer it, by all means...
    • ciRith
      I would advice you to build a "new" bankroll according to our strategy. It's not abou t the money it's about the skill you will get by playing. In the beginning you are "bad" and you have to learn much. While learning you will lose money against better players so it's better to train on the lower stakes to gain skill. Once you've prooven that you have the skill (and not the money) for the next limit you can move up.
      Money wise it is uninteresting where the money is as long as you have the possibility to tranfer it.

FL and NL SnG differ a lot but I don't know anything about FL SnGs so I might be wrong.