I hate variance!

• Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
      Thought I had to share this one with you...

I was playing a 4.40$ 180 man non-turbo tourney adn here is an excerpt on the hands I got dealt:

5 x AA
      4 x AK
      2 x AQs

Those hands were dealt to me in a single tourney until I got busted 25th with - guess what - AA losing to QQ preflop AI. I hit set on flop and the other buggar was lucky to hold a queens of diamond to complete his one card flush...
      This really annoys me because one would think if you'd get cards like these within one tourney you are destined to be ITM - but didn't turn out like that...

This is not a proof that online poker is rigged, but the variance is awful and really hit me the last couple of days. Been eliminated by one-card flushes all the time and my higher Aces screwed by an underdog...

Well, can anyone beat my lucky hand series there?
  • 7 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I love variance.
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      Look at it this way. You won with AA, AK & AQs 10 times.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      What's ironic is that without variance you wouldn't have been dealt all those good hands in the first place.
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
      What's ironic is that without variance you wouldn't have been dealt all those good hands in the first place.

that's exactely what I'm on about...

Won various tourneys before where I felt lucky when I got AA and like twice AK - but this tourney was an inbreed of the evil side of variance! Got lurked by an awesome series of godly hands only to be crushed by underdogs. Mind you, the runner runner one-card-flush is a funny ending to a tourney - at least I can't blame it on bad play...
      This is the essential of variance and I used to cope with quite well - but I'm on a downswing and each time when I'm about to hit the good ITM places I get screwed by an underdog...
      Oh well, I'll stay tough and will eventually win again. Nevertheless, I'll drop in some 18 man SnGs - the variance there is flat sea compared to the 180s...
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      variance brings fishes to your tables :f_love:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jehudas

5 x AA
      4 x AK
      2 x AQs

Well, can anyone beat my lucky hand series there?
      No!!!!!!

I played a MiniFTOPS qualifier last night and had:

1 x AK
      1 x QQ
      2 x TT

I struggled and stole and bluffed my way to a ticket for #16 - 22 of 23 qualifiers!!! And all the time I was praying for KK or AA.

You had my cards :f_biggrin: