Facing a 3bet with your PP in NL25-NL50 SH

• MJQuads
      Hi guys!

I just have a question regarding pocket pairs. Let's say you make a PFR first in with your pocket pair in NL25-NL50 (or any NL game about NL25) and someone 3bets.

With which PP's do you generally fold, call, 4bet? I'd say I would fold everypocket pair from 22-77, cold call with 88-TT (maybe JJ) and 4bet with QQ+.

What's your opinion guys?

Kind Regards,

• 1 reply
    • Bierbaer

without reads this is usually a fold OOP and even IP most of the time. Even though it might appear to you that you can call for setvalue, in fact you can't.
      In general 3bettingranges are too wide to make calling for setvalue profitable (you can't stack an unimproved AK for example).
      However, since you can take down the pot IP even without hitting a set it might sometimes be ok to call the 3bet, but if you're not sure how to exploit the opponent there's nothing wrong with just folding it.

With stacks of 100BB and hands like 88-JJ (or any hand for that matter) calling OOP is still -EV, you can find an article about this here.

Also consider that by folding 22-76 and 4betting QQ+ the opponent will easily be able to put you on exactly 88-JJ, so you won't ever have implied odds vs him.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask :) .

Best regards,