This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 5 TT Overpair On Paired Board

• alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 920462
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $5.28
      SB: $2.08
      BB: $7.67
      CO: $4.65

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BTN with T :diamond: T :spade:
      CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.60) 5 :heart: 7 :heart: 7 :spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $1.93 all in, BB folds, CO folds, Hero calls $1.53

Turn: ($4.46) T :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($4.46) 3 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

I figure he is check raising with a draw or 88 - JJ. He wouldn't play 55 that way because he folds out drawing hands. Could possibly do it with a 7 for protection but i figured against his range this was a call for 40BB all in.
  • 2 replies
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Silver
      Originally posted by alister15
      I figure he is check raising with a draw or 88 - JJ. He wouldn't play 55 that way because he folds out drawing hands. Could possibly do it with a 7 for protection but i figured against his range this was a call for 40BB all in.
      I'm not sure that the average nl5 player thinks this deeply. They just look at their cards and think "Wow, I flopped a full house / trips" and shove without worrying too much about which hands will call or fold.

Because of this I think he definitely could play 55 or 7x this way, but I agree that he could also have 88-JJ and many flush draws, maybe even a hand like A5. So I think the call is fine against his stack size :)

Plus we can always bink the turn if we are behind :f_biggrin:
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by SPwoodrose
      Originally posted by alister15
      I'm not sure that the average nl5 player thinks this deeply. They just look at their cards and think "Wow, I flopped a full house / trips" and shove without worrying too much about which hands will call or fold.

Because of this I think he definitely could play 55 or 7x this way, but I agree that he could also have 88-JJ and many flush draws, maybe even a hand like A5. So I think the call is fine against his stack size :)

Plus we can always bink the turn if we are behind :f_biggrin:
      This :)