$16.06
      CO:
      $10.31
      BU:
      $10.15
      SB:
      $11.54

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 4.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 6, J, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.63, Hero calls $0.63.

Turn: ($2.11) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.45, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.11.

villian is :
      21/19/832 vpip/pfr/hands
      83% flop cbet,27% turn cbet

Is this better than check/raising to get value from 2nd barrel cbets which won't call raise or ship it (since he has low turn cbet i'd think he give up his low equity hands)? Since it's turn I can't really bet/call versus his shipping range which would be probably only sets as there isn't anything really completed.
  • 3 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      I am 3bing or folding pre.

On flop I think I actually prefer folding to anything else. You're going to have to hit a backdoor to continue and you're just not getting the implieds.

I would ch/rai the turn/shove river if smth gets there but I suppose donking can make some kind of sense. You should never bluff river after a turn donk tho imo.
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by letmewinplz8
      I am 3bing or folding pre.

On flop I think I actually prefer folding to anything else. You're going to have to hit a backdoor to continue and you're just not getting the implieds.

I would ch/rai the turn/shove river if smth gets there but I suppose donking can make some kind of sense. You should never bluff river after a turn donk tho imo.
      I was doing quite a float here with my backdoor equity.I agree for 3bet or fold I don't know the exact reason i called here maybe i had the mood to do it :s_confused: :s_confused: :P But as played I don't see any hands except flushdraws calling my check/raise since at boss check/raise on turn is SUPER strong and all nits will fold other hands and go all in with sets im 100% sure.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Agreed about not flatting preflop.

Flop is fine, he'll have nothing a good amount, so unless his turn barreling frequency is skyhigh you'll be able to see a showdown quite a bit. If it is skyhigh, that means as soon as you hit anything on the turn you can continue with the hand, so it's not the end of the world either.

I just wouldn't donk the turn ever, if he raises us it's gross because we could be ahead of stuff like AhKh and he'll rarely just fold better hands like Jx to a turn donkbet, which would force us to barrel the river as well, which as letmewinplz8 said is usually not a good idea. Basically we're deleveraging the turn play and ensuring it's easier for him to call us down, which isn't what we're looking for with a semibluff.

Just check and see what he does, often he'll tell you with his betting and sizing if you have any chance of making him fold or not.

Hope it helps.