$17.30
      SB:
      $12.19
      BB:
      $5.35
      MP3:
      $2.19

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, A.
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, BU calls $0.35, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.4) 2, A, J (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.95, BU calls $0.95, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($3.3) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($3.3) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.47, Hero calls $2.47.

Final Pot: $8.24.
      Results follow:

BU shows a pair of eights(9 8).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(T A).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(T A).

villian is:
      23/9/978 vpip/pfr/hands
      agrf 2
      aggression freq. on river: 29% (flop: 22,turn: 20)

Also his check behind was SUPER FAST on turn which led me to 100% of him holding a flushdraw there.I think he would bet almost all his aces because of the heavy drawy board?That's why i planned to fold a turn bet but call a river if the flush blanks.Good line versus his range and my reads ?
  • 2 replies
    • letmewinplz8
      letmewinplz8
      Bronze
      I wud bet slightly smaller on flop - just over 1/2 pot.

Check/fold turn and calling blank rivers looks good vs this villian given your turn read.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Fine by me, there is still plenty of value to be had on the flop even if we're out-kicked sometimes. I'll even bet/fold turn check river quite often for the same reasons.

Don't beat yourself up if he shows you the nuts on the river anyway sometimes, some guys are so tricky that they fastcheck the turn with monsters disregarding everything else, like they didn't even see the turn card they already know they want to fastcheck, they're trapping after all. That said these players will usually end up making some retardedly small bet with monsters indeed of betting big, so I'm quite happy to take my chances on that call. Just make a note if it happens to remember it next time.

Hope it helps.