[NL2-NL10] NL10 TT vs LAG

• N0pr3s3n7
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, T.
      MP3 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP3 calls $0.30, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.95) K, 4, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, MP3 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.15) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($3.15) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $4.15.

villian is:
      54/16/232 vpip/pfr/hands
      fold to cbet flop: 45%
      bet turn in position: 50%
      aggression freq. on turn: 27% (flop: 20%,river 50%)

After his super low bet I was ALMOST sure he got Kx but for the godsake and my 10% of unsurence should I play it like i played it?Also something to be discussed flop bet vs check ?I don't see him almost never calling anything behind which will bet the turn like this if it isn't a Kx or probably the 10% of which I was unsure 33,55,77,88,99?Also didn't want to check and see a bet of more than 0.50 on the river that's why i just bet myself this amount and obviously fold to any raise.Are the odds enough for this 10% ? :rolleyes:
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      Originally posted by N0pr3s3n7
      Are the odds enough for this 10% ? :rolleyes:
      Well, no. You got around 5-1 odds which equals 16% right? So you need to have at least a 16% doubt in your mind, rather than the 10% doubt you had. :f_p:

It's an interesting spot on the flop because you can almost play it way ahead way behind (no better hand will fold, no worse hand will call) EXCEPT that the vast majority of his hands will be worse. For this reason only i would bet here, enough to deny them the odds of sucking out on you. Half pot is fine.

After that i'd make the same check calls that you did vs a fish, and reluctantly fold turn against a rock.
    • letmewinplz8
      I think this is played nicely, but I'm blockbetting smaller.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Mostly I'm betting the flop because I don't expect those smaller pocket pairs to fold on such a board and 4x/2x/random wheel gutshots are possible as well for that guy. Hence I'll usually valuebet the turn as well since it gives a lot of 2x/4x hands a reason to call again now that they picked up a gutshot or something to go with it, not to mention other pocket pairs might call again too. True enough he'll have Kx a bunch, but it's better to valuebet worse hands in the process by valuebetting ourselves than to check/call against a tighter betting range.

As played I'd check/call as well because we might be ahead some and he's clearly one of the marks at the table, so I want to see what he's capable of when it's cheap. Then either minbet the river or check/fold to a decent bet.

Hope it helps.