Slowing playing AA or KK?

• Monarc2010
      Monarc2010
      Bronze
      Would like to get everyones take on this and especially if anyone knows the odds against slow playing pocket AA & KK

I have slow played and gone all in!
      I have also let the flop come and then go all in!
      I have also min bet alll the way threw!
      I have also done pot size bets all the way threw!

I especially do this if there are a lot of fish on the table!
      I also know that once in a while maybe more( I think) then if I go all in right away, the fish will win.

If i am lucky enough to get pocket AA or KK in the same game, I will even do opposite from the first time, just so I can get some fish to fall and bet some more chips!
  • 35 replies
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
    • huyphan
      huyphan
      Silver
      i'd say it depends on the stake, in micro stake there is no point in slow playing AA-KK
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      maybelimp raise but thatsthe extent id suggestat the micros
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      limp raise is not good against any reg/tight, they will know what u have, i say its better to raise early with 3blinds and hope for a squeeze, most likely at 4blind raise they will know its not a real trash
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      at micro, RAISE ACES & KINGS. Kay? don't bother getting tricky, fish won't remember if you slowplay / fastplay anyway.
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      Limp raise = Aces. Not a good situation to be in when you have Kings. :s_cry:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      maybelimp raise but thatsthe extent id suggestat the micros
      Ussually if you openlimp from UTG at micros, only thing you'll get is 4 more players in the pot... I dont really see a reason for slowplaying aces or kings there at all.
      Plus if you raise preflop and get one caller, there will be more money in the pot on the flop than if you play a limped pot with 4 other players.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      well limp raising avoids set mining and the fish never believe it thats who wetryin 2 rape anyway ill do it utg sometimes on loose tables someone always open raises and you get a garantee 3 bet pot with the nuts
    • neznanec21
      neznanec21
      Bronze
      I agree, the best thing to do UTG+1 or UTG+2 is limp raising, otherwise just do a standard 3-4BB raise and hope for someone to go Rambo and raise you. :P
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      people at micros have a .05% 3 bet rate and a 30% open raise it jst seems logical to limp aces utg sometimes... even though i do it 1 in 100
    • Jehudas
      Jehudas
      Bronze
      limp raise is not good against any reg/tight, they will know what u have, i say its better to raise early with 3blinds and hope for a squeeze, most likely at 4blind raise they will know its not a real trash

+1 :s_cool:

at micro, RAISE ACES & KINGS. Kay? don't bother getting tricky, fish won't remember if you slowplay / fastplay anyway.

+1 :s_biggrin:

I agree, the best thing to do UTG+1 or UTG+2 is limp raising, otherwise just do a standard 3-4BB raise and hope for someone to go Rambo and raise you.

I think limping just never is the way to go - seen this scenario all too often: AA limps in, someone (especially BB) hits set or double pair on flop and you'll get toasted.

people at micros have a .05% 3 bet rate and a 30% open raise it jst seems logical to limp aces utg sometimes... even though i do it 1 in 100

you all should at least name the type of game you are referring to. At the 18-180man SnGs @ µ-limit at PS this is just not true...
    • neznanec21
      neznanec21
      Bronze
      Well, true that BB can limp in with 9 2 and hit two pair on the flop, but that doesn't mean you have to call an all-in with 2-4BB in the bot and BB betting 100BB, you can still fold them, it's not like you're never gonna see AA or KK anymore. Most of the time you'll get at least min raised by people with suited connectors or any other medium strength hands, and when they do, you just either shove it all-in if you wanna end the hand right there, or do the usual pot size raise or 2.5-4x his bet.

But that's just my 0.02$ on the matter. ;)
    • blackops888
      blackops888
      Bronze
      Hum... I've had a lot of walks with AA/KK on the blinds when 3-betting an open-raise from the button. Most of the time hostile would face it as a resteal from me, fear some strength and just fold to my "defense" on the blind (SB or BB, doesn't matter).

When I know there is some kind of competent player in position, I like to raise just 3 BB with AA/KK, instead of my default 4BB opening amount. Sometimes people understand this as weakness and 3-bet bluff a lot when they are regulars. This is a very player oriented approach to UTG raise though, and should not be over-used.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      OP let me start out by saying that you seem like an intellegent person. As for the odds against slowing playing i think they're close to 50:50.

I will usually raise to more than 9.000 chips if i get the aces but that's really a question of what you're comfortable with.

I hope i was able to help you shed some light on this mystery of aces
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      I used to try and be clever by limping in with AA, but then I realised that you invite too many people to the party.....

Micros will limp in with any 2 connectors and any 2 suited cards and I found I was giving them an (almost free) opportunity to fuck me over on the flop with straights and flushes.

So now if the want to play they have to pay - 4BB every time :D
    • jecis4
      jecis4
      Bronze
      Slowing playing is for fishes... Try openpushing so much more profitable ppl call you with any ace and any pair...
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      You could balance your openfolding ranges a bit by openfolding AA from time to time. Then the fish will have no idea what you had.
    • neznanec21
      neznanec21
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      You could balance your openfolding ranges a bit by openfolding AA from time to time. Then the fish will have no idea what you had.
      Epic.