UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($31.45)
      CO ($58.95)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:club:

Hero raises to $1.75, UTG calls $1.75, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4) 2:spade: 7:heart: K:heart:

Hero bets $2.50, UTG calls $2.50

TURN ($9) 2:spade: 7:heart: K:heart: 9:spade:

Hero checks, UTG bets $5, Hero raises to $15.50, UTG raises to $45.75 (AI), Hero calls $30.25 (AI)

RIVER ($100) 2:spade: 7:heart: K:heart: 9:spade: 5:spade:

villain is a solid-looking reg: 21/16/3 after 483 hands.
      I was experimenting with checking the turn against this opponent since I assume he is pretty decent and isn't likely to call 2 barrels with the worse hand, whereas he might float me or bet if he senses weakness.

This kind of backfired when my check raise was met with a shove.

do I need to fold once villain shoves? I thought maybe, because I had underrepresented my hand ( is that true?) He might just think I was full of it could be shoving with the same hand as me or even KQ, but perhaps I'm being wildly overoptimistic?

PS, any other thoughts about this line in general?
  • 2 replies
    • THESHade
      I like this line and I ahve pretty much the same thought process as u do
      3 times I did it on NL50, once reg folded, once he showed and once he called, when he showed he had a set and call was w JJ or smth like that (I had AKo too :D )
    • Kaitz20
      kind of strange to c/r AK for value and then fold to shove
      So once you c/r I would prefer calling shove since there are two flushdraws and he can easily shove them
      Also I think very fine line is just to c/c turn and river or b/f turn and c/c river
      Then you can go to showdown and see what kind of hands he is playing when he is c/c on K72ss board