SNG : Wheel in the sky keeps on turning

• AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      This blog is going to be about my progress from chump to champ on and off the poker tables!

My personal history is vast and filled with experienced. I have a degree in Sports Management and am a past South African Racewalk Champion and Provincial Cross Country Runner.

Yes, you heard me correctly...Racewalking! The art of shuffling legs fast enough to produce a forwad movement withought breaking a sweat! More about this later and feel free to shoot any questions my way.

Currently i have my own Web Design and Hosting Company which keeps me busy 24/7. So hardly any time for training or poker.

My poker is ok, i think im strong but not as strong as i would like to be. I still make too many stupid mistakes regarding my BMR, which has always been my downfall. My strength is building a bankroll up fairly quickly.

However, i intend on grinding it out this time and build it up. f it comes quickly, then so be it but otherwise i will be in full control of my BMR.

This principal applies to my walking and my poker- start up from scratch and build up a nice base gradually and steadily.

Starting Captial:
      1. $0
      235 FT Points which converted into a BLT Ticket by winning a ticket and cashed in at around 2000th for $6.

The BLT went well, i built up nicely to about 23 000 chips where i picked up AJ suited against a similair stack in mid position-he shipped on my raise and i called. He shows A10 and hits his 10..lol..oh well! Not the best shove from him, but not the best call from me either.

So now my BR is a whopping $6.00.

My strength is a MTT and Turbo SNG's but with this BRM i will stick to NLH 6-handed Shallow Stack 1c/2c tables and build up from there.

I will be posting my hands and your blasting for my donkish plays will be greatly appreciated.

Recap:
      Starting BR- $6
      Goal BR- $50 in a month
      10km walk- Sub 50min in 3 months

Come on chump
      All-In Stefk
  • 18 replies
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      very 1st hand..lol...of my chump to champ journey..lol..

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $0.80
      SB:
      $1.57
      BB (Hero):
      $0.40
      MP2:
      $0.73
      MP3:
      $0.78
      CO:
      $0.71

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.06, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 8, K, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.32, CO calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.82) K (2 players)

River: ($0.82) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $0.82.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(A A).
      CO shows a flush, king high(3 J).

CO wins with a flush, king high(3 J).
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Ok, so im back and its been a week since i last posted. Wow, but its been tough to get going in these micro-stakes!

The players in gerenral are so loose, i love it but at the same time, i can count about 7 times when i had the nuts on the flop and still get shoved on with the other player getting lucky rivered...making me livered!

A stage i was up to $9 and due to my own fault, i went down to a little over $2 as i never stuck to my own strategy, of pulling out when i double my starting stack.

So i took my last bit of my BR and took to the 27 Player Turbo SNG and thats where this journey begins for me.

I have been playing a rock solid, super tight aggressive game and it has payed of.

6 Games laters,my BR is sitting on with 2 wins, 2 second playecs and 2 flops on $48.67.

Im feeling good, hope i can keep this up.

On the walking side, training going well, im down to a weight of 89kg's from 95kg's, so lets see!
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      i was just thinking of hot poker babes... lee anne liebenberg must definately be on my list! :s_cool:
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      managed to post a nice 2hour session in the 27man sng's. Feeling really comfortable at these stakes. I tried the 18man sng but didnt feel comfortable. My BR is on $76.25,im really stoked at the progression.
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      moving on up at a steady pace, had a good hour session and now im on $92.01 also had a live game and managed to run deep into the cash until i got donked...i mean rivered...was so sick!
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      So its been a little over a week and iv reached my milestone of $100. Im sitting nicely on $107 now.

Started on SNG's and have mixed it up on play SSS on Short Stack 6 Man Tables-with 25c/50 blinds. Been eating up in the few sessions with just patience and using ICM. Will post graphs up soon, just having issues with Poker Tracker software at the moment :f_cool:
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      As promised, a sample of the last few days of grinding, started with close to zero dollars and notice the last say 8 days, since ive applied myself, seems that its working for now. :] although, not sure what to read into these graphs..lol..off to a phat party now!
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Final Table of 27Man SitnGo and came across this clown...lol...wtf

Full Tilt Poker $2 + $0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t600/t1200 Blinds - 8 players - View hand 950188
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP2: t10032 8.36 BBs
      CO: t4376 3.65 BBs
      BTN: t4760 3.97 BBs
      SB: t6860 5.72 BBs
      BB: t3674 3.06 BBs
      UTG: t7850 6.54 BBs
      UTG+1: t1708 1.42 BBs
      Hero (MP1): t1240 1.03 BBs

Pre Flop: (t1800) Hero is MP1 with A :club: Q :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to t1240 all in, 5 folds
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Latest graph sample. Been going well, and feeling so strong. a few oaccasions i bubbled on the final table in the 27man sng's but all three times it was with pocket aces in the SB position...1st time i raised sss style and the other 2 times i shoved...all three times got called by bigger stacks and busted...oh well...lol...

I also went pretty far in one of the daily dollar tournaments and got donked again but a bigger stack...what can you do except makes notes and catch them next time.

BR = $135 :-)

• AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      bit of a shitty day so far, just been getting donked on the final table against the same hand...10 Q off suite...lol...so sick...happened in 4 out of 6 games today! If i could, id punch these donks...so sick...lol...2 more games left and lets see if i can get 2 wins out of 2. :D
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      hectic downswing the last 24hours, just been running into monsters with my AK/AQ/AJ and all have been in small blind position with everyone folding to me and raising the blind..lol..oh well.

Mixed up a bit of cash tables again and gained $40 in a small 50 hand session. So im Pretty stoked, had a clown that kept shipping his stack everyhand and i took him out a few times..lol..bring it on.

Im wondering if i should take my $141 BR and put it another site and get the sign-up bonus...any thoughts out there on this? Mayb i can boost it and bring it back to my site???

Anyway, had anice phat cigar last night witha scotch...mmmmm...the life....
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      its 3am and just woke up,dying for a session but besides being tired,im still hanging from the party. Wil just have to wait for when im fresh and awake.
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      just played a live tourney and wanka call a 4-bet all in pre-flop with 2/3 off suite against my pocket aces..lol..and he hits a damn straight..aswipe clown
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      new titale for the blog is inspired by me going on my journey to turn into iron man status on FT.

Today my jurney begins and i will be going for Bronze status as its the easiest to acheive for now as i dont have much time to play heavy sessions.

• AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      ...lol..so guess what? The Iron Man suite is gonna have to be put aside since the new changes to FT have been made...Iron Man is obsulete!

Oh well, thats how it goes! Where to now?

My session this week have been ok, still on the up but with some seriuos downers on the SNG's in terms of cashing. Took a bit of a knock but ended back strongly, mainly sticking to my BRM!!!

In short...Good BRM is what every poker player needs...

Good BMR = Zero Tilt = Never Broke

My current BMR is sitting on $181.31 :s_biggrin: Not bad from $6 in 2/5 weeks.

I have posted 2 graphs ...the 1st is the few cash table sessions i have had and the 2nd is my SNGnotice the swings)

• AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      went out last night with the GF and her sister for a bite to eat @ a great Turkish restaurant followed with some shisha and drinks...Cape Town is alive and buzzing.

Today have a live tourney lined up, a bit tired so not sure if i should play...il take it as it comes.
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      Sitting deepstack in the daily dollar on FT...came across this situation...have a look.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$240/$480 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, A.
      Hero raises, UTG2 calls, 5 folds, SB calls, BB 3-Bets, Hero calls, UTG2 caps, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (176.583333333 SB) Q, 5, A (4 players)

Turn: (88.2916666667 BB) 9 (4 players)

River: (88.2916666667 BB) 6 (4 players)

Final Pot: 88.2916666667 BB.
    • AllinStefk
      AllinStefk
      Bronze
      nah..thats hand didnt come out correctly...who cares