This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] How would've you played this hand?

• coolcat22
      coolcat22
      Bronze
      Sup guys? I'm new here. I have to say this site really helped me change my game. I was just wondering did I do well playing this hand? How would you play this hand? Thanks!

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero) = ($4.71)
      BB = ($2.00)
      MP3 = ($9.10)
      CO = ($4.32)
      BU = ($2.89)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.5) A, 7, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48.

Turn: ($1.46) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($2.46) T (2 players)
      Hero raises to $3.53, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.46.
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello coolcat22,

Welcome to PokerStrategy and I hope you have a great stay on this website :) !

First of all, there is a button which is called ''export'' which means you exactly take over the HTML code with the hand.
      From what I see now you copy+pasted it which means that there is no bold things or coloured things to highlight on. Furthermore we do not see the suits if there is a flushthing involved ( )

If you look at the SHC when I am going to judge your hand. A standard openraise is 4 big blinds + 1 big blind per limper. In this case we spot 1 limper and then we have to raise to 4+1=5bb. Which means you have to raise to $0.5. Reason for doing this is that we have the best hand in NLHE so we have to wi nas much as we can!

On the Flop I think one can either bet $0.25 (50% pot) or check/call Flop&Turn as I see here
      The River is in my opinion a check/raise rather than an overbet.

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • coolcat22
      coolcat22
      Bronze
      Thanks Gerv for the prompt reply! Yes, I am aware of open raising with 4BB and 1BB for every limper but I was afraid of them folding immediately to my raise, especially with my strong hand. I agree with your suggestion, I even thought about it that moment, but what if he checks after i checked? Thanks Gerv! cheers