[NL2-NL10] How would've you played this hand?

• coolcat22
      Sup guys? I'm new here. I have to say this site really helped me change my game. I was just wondering did I do well playing this hand? How would you play this hand? Thanks!

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero) = ($4.71)
      BB = ($2.00)
      MP3 = ($9.10)
      CO = ($4.32)
      BU = ($2.89)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.5) A, 7, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48.

Turn: ($1.46) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($2.46) T (2 players)
      Hero raises to $3.53, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.46.
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Hello coolcat22,

Welcome to PokerStrategy and I hope you have a great stay on this website :) !

First of all, there is a button which is called ''export'' which means you exactly take over the HTML code with the hand.
      From what I see now you copy+pasted it which means that there is no bold things or coloured things to highlight on. Furthermore we do not see the suits if there is a flushthing involved ( )

If you look at the SHC when I am going to judge your hand. A standard openraise is 4 big blinds + 1 big blind per limper. In this case we spot 1 limper and then we have to raise to 4+1=5bb. Which means you have to raise to $0.5. Reason for doing this is that we have the best hand in NLHE so we have to wi nas much as we can!

On the Flop I think one can either bet $0.25 (50% pot) or check/call Flop&Turn as I see here
      The River is in my opinion a check/raise rather than an overbet.

Best regards,
    • coolcat22
      Thanks Gerv for the prompt reply! Yes, I am aware of open raising with 4BB and 1BB for every limper but I was afraid of them folding immediately to my raise, especially with my strong hand. I agree with your suggestion, I even thought about it that moment, but what if he checks after i checked? Thanks Gerv! cheers