A collective thinking try : before getting at the table, which mindset ?

• Venezuelamor
      Venezuelamor
      Bronze
      Before starting a game, what is your mindset ? What do you want to remember before the game ? Which state of mind do YOU want to be yours in the game when it starts ?

In my opinion, this topic can be interesting for any player, from beginners to high rollers.

Then, I'll try to put it all together, since everyone holds a part of the truth.

It's up to you guys !
  • 5 replies
    • Venezuelamor
      Venezuelamor
      Bronze
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I like trying to manipulate quantum mechanics with my mind and influence the run of cards. Works for me.

TwiceT talks a little about his mindset in his "TwiceT visits Gibraltar" vid. (iirc)
      Worth a watch imo.

I guess the main thing is to concentrate on playing your A-game whatever the game throws at you. Stay off tilt. But you can concentrate a little more on various different concepts each week as you progress.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Stay off tilt.
      I wish it was that easy in practice! :)
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Bronze
      If anyone has a DC account and hasn't seen it yet, go check out Tommy Angelo's series 'Eightfold path to poker enlightenment'. Really great series on mindset, improved my game far more than any strategy video ever will I think :f_biggrin:
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      I do some hand review before i start playing. I just pull up marked hands from the previous session and try to think about them to get my mind in the right zone for poker.

I also visit the hand evaluation forums and post some thoughts before the session.