Wow I thought I was untiltable

• noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      0.25/0.50 NLSH I raise CO to $1.50 with A4 spades. SB calls. Flop comes QTT with two spades. He checks I cbet $3.50 and he calls. Turn is 5 of spades. He checks, I bet $8 he reraises to $16, I shove my remaining stack and he calls and shows 55.

Now I didnt create this thread to whine about such idiots, it is what happened afterward that somewhat shocked me. I tilted! It has been probably a year since I tilted this badly but a few hands later (and this is on rush poker which makes the situation worse) I ended up going broke with second pair in a stupid situation. CO raises $1.50 I 3bet AJ of diamonds on the button to $4.50 and he calls. Flop came KJ8 with 2 spades. He then shoved $33 into the $9 pot and I snapcalled. I know better than to snapcall in this spot without reads but I did it anyway.

So yeah Titanic is not an unsinkable ship, and I am not untiltable. Something to think about anyway.
  • 2 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Any reason why you c-bet potsize in the first hand? Anyway i think you played the hand badly, also on the turn a min-raise from the fish tends to be the nuts, i don't really see him doing that with a Tx, maybe a worse flush occasionally. Anyway i just think there are better spots to stack a fish.

As for tilting, it happens to everybody, it get better with time when u get used to losing. You can't win every hand. But i really don't see why would you tilt because of that 1 hand only. Its not its like some brutal beat beat, considering you we're never actually ahead and those kind of set ups happen quite often and you should be used to it if you grinder your way up to NL50.
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      sorry, there had to be another caller because there was $4.50 in the pot on the flop. I am just saying that I never tilt and then I went on major tilt that one hand for no real good reason.

Also although the cbet is questionable, going broke with nut flush on the turn isn't (or at least shouldn't be). He can have worse flushes, Qx that he slowplayed on the flop, some bad bluffs, and some full houses. Against that range I am doing pretty well with my nut flush and getting the money in is not a mistake against an unknown. Look at what he called me with on the flop. If he floats me with 55 here surely there are many many many worse hands than mine and bet/broke on the turn is not a bad play at all.