This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

AA , Flop J J 2, 3 opponents

• MCSeba
      MCSeba
      Bronze
      On a nine player table, blinds are 20/40, utg 2 raises 80, about 6000 stack ( he is a maniac from what I've seen and raises every hand), utg 3 calls, about 2000 stack, I raise to 200, I have about 2800 stack, and AA, big blind calls.

Flop comes J 2 J. Utg2(maniac) makes a half pot bet, although from what I've seen so far he always raised the pot or over. I assume he does this because of the 850 aprox. pot. Utg 3 Folds. What should I have done here?

I called, BB folds, so its just me and him, turn is J 2 J J. He went all in (not for the first time) and I called. What should I have done here?

What are the chances when you have 3 opponents and there is a pair on the flop, that one of the opponents has a set?

(UTG 3 had Q9 Suited, with the river chance for a flush. I took the pot, but did I play correctly?)
  • 4 replies
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      I would raise bigger pre flop to around 340. On turn you have to go broke here v's maniac. Your hand is very strong.
    • Vepof
      Vepof
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MCSeba
      On a nine player table, blinds are 20/40, utg 2 raises 80, about 6000 stack ( he is a maniac from what I've seen and raises every hand), utg 3 calls, about 2000 stack, I raise to 200, I have about 2800 stack, and AA, big blind calls.

Flop comes J 2 J. Utg2(maniac) makes a half pot bet, although from what I've seen so far he always raised the pot or over. I assume he does this because of the 850 aprox. pot. Utg 3 Folds. What should I have done here?
      Considering he is a maniac, i'd think hes using the flop to scare me, i would re-raise to an enought ammount that he would call for sure.

I called, BB folds, so its just me and him, turn is J 2 J J. He went all in (not for the first time) and I called. What should I have done here?

What are the chances when you have 3 opponents and there is a pair on the flop, that one of the opponents has a set?

(UTG 3 had Q9 Suited, with the river chance for a flush. I took the pot, but did I play correctly?)

Yes you did, HE played wrong, with a J2JJ and Q9 suited you don't go all in against a player who is showing that might have something, even if he had a flush he would be playing wrong by going all-in, since a simple 2 or any small pair would break it. lol hes maniac, really.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Use the hand evaluation forums and you'll get the analysed by pro judges.....also get the hand converted, use the converter availabel here or a website like weaktight.com so the hand is easier to read.

Glad you took the pot, for what it's worth i'm going broke on that flop with AA
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      You realize you have the second nuts and it is HIGHLY unlikely for him to hold the last remaining jack in his hand, right?