AA , Flop J J 2, 3 opponents

• MCSeba
      MCSeba
      Bronze
      On a nine player table, blinds are 20/40, utg 2 raises 80, about 6000 stack ( he is a maniac from what I've seen and raises every hand), utg 3 calls, about 2000 stack, I raise to 200, I have about 2800 stack, and AA, big blind calls.

Flop comes J 2 J. Utg2(maniac) makes a half pot bet, although from what I've seen so far he always raised the pot or over. I assume he does this because of the 850 aprox. pot. Utg 3 Folds. What should I have done here?

I called, BB folds, so its just me and him, turn is J 2 J J. He went all in (not for the first time) and I called. What should I have done here?

What are the chances when you have 3 opponents and there is a pair on the flop, that one of the opponents has a set?

(UTG 3 had Q9 Suited, with the river chance for a flush. I took the pot, but did I play correctly?)
  • 4 replies
    • alister15
      alister15
      Bronze
      I would raise bigger pre flop to around 340. On turn you have to go broke here v's maniac. Your hand is very strong.
    • Vepof
      Vepof
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MCSeba
      On a nine player table, blinds are 20/40, utg 2 raises 80, about 6000 stack ( he is a maniac from what I've seen and raises every hand), utg 3 calls, about 2000 stack, I raise to 200, I have about 2800 stack, and AA, big blind calls.

Flop comes J 2 J. Utg2(maniac) makes a half pot bet, although from what I've seen so far he always raised the pot or over. I assume he does this because of the 850 aprox. pot. Utg 3 Folds. What should I have done here?
      Considering he is a maniac, i'd think hes using the flop to scare me, i would re-raise to an enought ammount that he would call for sure.

I called, BB folds, so its just me and him, turn is J 2 J J. He went all in (not for the first time) and I called. What should I have done here?

What are the chances when you have 3 opponents and there is a pair on the flop, that one of the opponents has a set?

(UTG 3 had Q9 Suited, with the river chance for a flush. I took the pot, but did I play correctly?)

Yes you did, HE played wrong, with a J2JJ and Q9 suited you don't go all in against a player who is showing that might have something, even if he had a flush he would be playing wrong by going all-in, since a simple 2 or any small pair would break it. lol hes maniac, really.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      Use the hand evaluation forums and you'll get the analysed by pro judges.....also get the hand converted, use the converter availabel here or a website like weaktight.com so the hand is easier to read.

Glad you took the pot, for what it's worth i'm going broke on that flop with AA
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      You realize you have the second nuts and it is HIGHLY unlikely for him to hold the last remaining jack in his hand, right?