Quiz of the week: Preflop Beginner Questions

• djma123
      djma123
      Bronze
      Dear PokerStrategists,

if you have some basic knowledge of poker there are plays which we have gotten accustomed to that we do without much thinking. But why are these the standard plays? What's the theory behind them? That's what we will find out in this week's quiz. Decide on the right plays and see if you always know why.

The situations will include stronger and weaker pocket pairs and other strong hands with which you want to get involved in a pot - but at which cost? What do I need to call with a given hand? Can you answer such questions? Try the quiz!

Quiz of the week: Preflop Beginner Questions

How did you like the quiz? Too hard? Too easy? Share your thoughts!
  • 6 replies
    • yap86
      yap86
      Bronze
      what is Ja and Nein means??? what language is that..i cant answer the three ques with the answer Ja or Nein..so i get 24 points... ;)
    • KeKNoRRiS
      KeKNoRRiS
      Bronze
      Ja is German for Yes
      Nein is German for No
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      4 question. WHy there is better to call than to raise? With raise you isolate some player ant then you have more chances to take the pot with c-bet.
      Of course if players are loose then maybe probably it is better to call because you will not be able to bluff cbet on the flop. And you easier extract money from loose players if you get a set.
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      There are some questions with some German parts.

Some spots could be better explained, as it's a quiz for begginers.
      Why no 3bet 99 is an example. It's covered in Hand evaluation forums and some videos, but it's new for the begginers.

Cool quiz. Haven't played cash in a while, glad I could hit 100% :s_biggrin:
      But the situations where I was in doubt gave 3 points either way so no big deal (AKs push/fold for example)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      4 question. WHy there is better to call than to raise? With raise you isolate some player ant then you have more chances to take the pot with c-bet.
      Of course if players are loose then maybe probably it is better to call because you will not be able to bluff cbet on the flop. And you easier extract money from loose players if you get a set.

Hi, Neither calling or raising is a mistake, it often depends of the opponent and how you intend to play the hand. It is good sometime to vary your game. The question is can you call in this instance and the answer is yes you can.
    • dany2391
      dany2391
      Bronze
      You scored 36 out of 36 possible points. This corresponds to 100 %!
      I like it when I get an A.:D