$11.02
      SB (Hero):
      $22.01
      BB:
      $20.00
      MP3:
      $22.11

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.46, BB folds, CO calls $1.16, BU folds.

Flop: ($3.32) 4, A, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.55, CO raises to $4.00, Hero calls $2.45.

Turn: ($11.32) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6.00, Hero calls $6.00.

River: ($23.32) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.55, CO calls $7.64.

Final Pot: $41.51.

Villain unknown - ofc I'm pondering the possibility of AQ, but when Q falls on the river, it's no longer very likely that he has AQ and more likely he has smth like AJ which would pay me off nicely ...
  • 8 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

nh sir.

I'd ch/shove turn.
      You have TPTK in 3-bet pot.
      If he happens to have AQ, QQ, AA, 44 then it's just a cooler.
      What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      i'd like betting more on the flop if he isn't super aggro and if you don't like the feeling not to know where you stand because he can raise either with a total bluff or with super strong hand on the flop because of your 1/2 bet which looks a bit leak.If you already decided that you would play regardless of his initiative than your main aim is to get all the money in as you played it.Otherwise if you bet something like 2.2$-2.5$ and he raises it will be super though.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by AninIII
      Hi,

nh sir.

I'd ch/shove turn.
      What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
      A4s :f_mad:

So the river was actually good for me, he tanked for a long time and made the call
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hi,

nh sir.

I'd ch/shove turn.
      What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
      This against an unknown :)
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MaestroOfZerg
      Hi,

Hi,

nh sir.

I'd ch/shove turn.
      What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
      Why being deep stacked is not a concern here?
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      Originally posted by MaestroOfZerg
      Hi,

Hi,

nh sir.

I'd ch/shove turn.
      What did he have?

Best regards,
      Anin
      Why being deep stacked is not a concern here?
      I also don't agree with them as being deeper on lower limits make people play more tighter than do.I see all regulars how they change their play when they win 1 stack.Their vpip becomes at least with 4-5% less(17%-12%) and they play only nuts.That being said I think you should first think about is your opponent that kind of a guy(being tighter deeper) and also bet higher on the flop so you can know where you stand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Of course we could assume that unknows in general will play tighter when deep but in my opinion this is just flawed. You'll find lots of fish who don't care at all just how deep they are, and once you get into a squeezed stack/pot ratio isn't that high anymore.

Villain can literally only have A4s/AQ/44/QQ/AA for value on the flop that beat us if he's a tag, the 4 turn cuts down on the combos of two of these (A4/44), same thing for the rivered Q (AQ/QQ) that also counteifeits one (A4s). Villain could very well have flatted AK as well and be playing it like that. If you're sure he wouldn't raise AK on the flop and/or would "pot-control" on the turn just because the deepstacks, sure go ahead and dump it, problem is you can't be sure.

If he's a fish he could have anything, a random Ax hand he's overplaying, a complete bluff because he feels like it, some pocket pair making an horrdendous information raise on the flop, whatever. And regardless of the stack size, we won't let him get away with not losing it all there when he has a worse Ax.

Personally I haven't seen anything from him except that hand and I'm pretty sure if I had played on this table I would who what type of player he is already from gathering small things like how fast he sat down, how fast he's playing, how many tables he's playing, his nickname, where he's from, whatever is available. So while I agree with AninIII that the deepstacks shouldn't scare us off against an unknown, if I thought he was a reg I would problably think about getting the hell out of the hand really hard.

Hope it helps.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      And as an extra sidenot to consider, this was on a deep table, so villain probably isn't playing extra snug coz he had just doubled up or anything ...

If he buys in for 200bb then I don't expect him to be ubertight/scared money.